• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

Game 18 | Cavs (10-7) @ Raptors (15-4) | Friday, December 5th 2014 | 7:30 PM ET

Do Not Sell My Personal Information

GreekMo

In the Rotation
Reaction score
Cleveland-Cavaliers1.jpg

Cavs (10-7)

@

raptorslog.gif

Raptors (15-4)

Where: Air Canada Centre, Toronto, ON

newinterior.jpg

0,,13121~12271503,00.jpg

Coaches:

Dont-hate-David-Blatt-because-hes-fashionable.-Getty-Images.jpg

David Blatt

usp-nba_-toronto-raptors-at-atlanta-hawks-4_3.jpg

Dwane Casey

Starting lineups:

iu8j6ytrgfewdwqsqwsqs.jpg

Kyrie Irving

0.jpg

Shawn Marion

650898-lebron.jpg

LeBron James

5dbf53c84fee6543ca7044fbff95560efb0d88b4.jpg

Kevin Love

1297541580273_ORIGINAL.jpg

Anderson Varejao

VS

raptors-reality-show.jpg

Kyle Lowry

1297633541217_ORIGINAL.jpg

Greivis Vasquez

Terrence+Ross+Toronto+Raptors+v+Cleveland+RZRRcxTEaldl.jpg

Terrence Ross

8346222.jpg

Amir Johnson

bkn_cavaliers_raptors_20130310_26202211.jpg

Jonas Valanciunas

Cavs bench:

Will Cherry, Tristan Thompson, Dion Waiters, Brendan Haywood, Alex Kirk, Joe Harris, Lou Amundson, James Jones, A.J. Price

Raptors bench:

Landry Fields, Bruno Caboclo, Tyler Hansbrough, Chuck Hayes, James Johnson, Lucas Nogueira, Patrick Patterson, Greg Stiemsma, Lou Williams

Status Update: Matthew Dellavedova, (Left Knee MCL Sprain, Out), Mike Miller, (Concussion, Out)
Status Update: (Raptors) - DeMar DeRozan, (Torn Left Abductor Longus Tendon, Out)

Game Summary

The Wine and Gold look to extend their winning streak to six games tonight as they travel north of the border to take on the Toronto Raptors at the Air Canada Centre. Tipoff is at 7:30 p.m. ET.

Cleveland (10-7) enters tonight's matchup on the second leg of a back-to-back after edging out the Knicks 90-87 last night in New York. The Cavs are 8-3 against the Eastern Conference in 2014-15.

During the five-game winning streak, the Cavs are winning by an average margin of 15.2 points. Cleveland is averaging 105.8 points on .511 shooting, while holding opponents to 90.6 points on .426 shooting.

Toronto (15-4) comes into the game with the Eastern Conference's best record despite losing their leading scorer, DeMar DeRozan, to a torn left abductor tendon.

Point guard, Kyle Lowry, has picked up the slack in DeRozan's absence scoring a career-high 39 points in Wednesday's 123-104 win at Utah. He has taken 21-plus shots in each of the last four games after doing so five times in 521 previous career games.

Head-to-Head Matchup
In the first meeting on Nov. 22 at The Q, Cleveland outrebounded Toronto 46-34 and had a 52-34 edge in points in the paint. LeBron James (15 points, 10 assists) and Anderson Varejao (13 points, 12 rebounds) each recorded double-doubles. Kevin Love tallied a then season-high 23 points and seven rebounds while Kyrie Irving added 21 points and six assists.

The Wine and Gold lead the all-time series against the Raptors 39-34 (21-16 Home, 18-18 Road).

Where to Catch the Action
TV: FOX Sports Ohio, Radio: WTAM 1100, 100.7 WMMS, 87.7 FM La Mega, AM 1590 WAKR (Akron)

Tune into #CavsLive on FOX Sports Ohio starting at 7:00 p.m.

Oh what a year can do. If you were to glance through the last three game threads you would see these assertions.

- This is impossible to watch turning it off
- This team is the most frustrating team I have ever watched
- We have the worst bench in the league our stars are old and bad
- X player is the worst player I have ever seen (proceeds to drop 25/10)
- At this rate we will barely make the playoffs.

One year, Lebron James, Kevin Love, and expectations have all arrived.

Easy to forget we are in the middle of a 5 game winning streak, think back to the last few years and enjoy. :anv (13):

I'm scared. I know the team is going to focus on Lou Williams but I can't help thinking we're going to let someone else go off. Like Lowry. We need to watch out for the backups.

Already an 18-page long game thread on the Raptors board even before the start of the game. THEY EXCITED

the way we and they have been playing, I would be too.

Two games in a row where we played poorly and ended up with a victory. The Raptors arent the Knicks, and we're going away after playing last night.

Can we please try to get a lot of activity on this game thread? The Raps board already has 18 pages!! Get up! Get pumped! Let's win this!!!

This is a loss. Too many minutes for the stars last night. If it's close I'll be surprised.

Dion is going to have to have a great game feasting on their backup 2 off our bench for us to have a legit chance in this one in my opinion.

Only one thing to do....exterminate them!

I think our starters will be too exhausted to win us this game tonight. Because we all know our bench will give us next to nothing.

All I'm gonna say if there was ever a night for Dion to step up and have a big night, it's tonight.

Dion and Joe Harris are going to have to step up. Our bench is looking very thin now with Delly and Miller out.

Might even get to see a James Jones cameo tonight.

Tonight we can tie the longest winning streak we've had since Lebron was here last time. :chuckle:

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-14: "Time for Playoff Vengeance on Mickey"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:14: " Time for Playoff Vengeance on Mickey."