• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

Game 52: Cleveland Cavaliers (31-20) @ Indiana Pacers (18-32)| Feb 6th, 2015

Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Dr. Gymbo

Legal Drug Dealer
Reaction score
ige5q46x2v9c8hw80jhi4f85h.gif

(31-20)

@

twitter_avatar_pacers-300x300.jpg

(18-32)

Bankers-Life-Fieldhouse-1.jpg

Date: February 6th, 2015
Where: Bankers Life Fieldhouse, Indianapolis, IN
Time: 7:00 PM [EST]

Watch on Fox Sports Ohio:

10474057_10100303311947882_4855618156599064401_n.jpg

The Good Guys

F130429MS031.jpg

Coach Blatt

Cavaliers' Starting Lineup

1506876_10100303172542252_1406435948042137857_n.jpg

Cavaliers' Bench

1601396_10100303299178472_5066493951907810083_n.jpg

Versus

s-FRANK-VOGEL-ROY-HIBBERT-large300.jpg

Coach Vogel

Pacers' Starting Lineup

10959887_10100303172736862_1131312706186835409_n.jpg

Pacers' Bench

10518656_10100303299338152_883591023295699013_n.jpg

Injuries

Cleveland:

act_anderson_varejao.jpg

Anderson Varejao - Torn Achilles

Indiana:

paul-george-300x336.jpg

Paul George - Broken Leg

Game Preview:

Most expected the Cleveland Cavaliers to be an offensive juggernaut once they united three of the league's best scorers. But it's what the Cavaliers are doing defensively that continues to fuel their winning streak.

They'll look to match a franchise record by winning their 13th straight Friday night when they visit the Indiana Pacers.

Cleveland (31-20) defeated the Clippers 105-94 on Thursday in a game that wasn't as competitive as the final margin indicated. The Cavaliers, who took a half-game lead over Chicago for first place in the Central Division, led by as many as 32 points in the third quarter.

Kyrie Irving had an underwhelming 10 points on 1-of-5 shooting, but was boosted by 24 points from Kevin Love while LeBron James added 23 points and nine assists. Cleveland improved to 7-2 when Love and James each score at least 20.

Though Irving, James and Love each ranked among the league's top 12 in scoring average over the past three seasons, defensive improvement has enabled the Cavaliers' recent surge. They've held their last 10 opponents to 92.1 points per game on 40.4 percent shooting after previously giving up 100.7 per game on 47.2 percent shooting, which was the second-worst mark in the NBA.

"We're hanging our hats on being a defensive ballclub right now," Irving said. "We're holding teams under a certain amount of points every single game and that's the goal going into the game."

The Cavaliers have won 13 in a row twice before, most recently from Jan. 16-Feb. 11, 2010, James' final season of his first stint in Cleveland.

The Pacers (18-32), who have won eight straight home matchups, have won three of five but still haven't defeated a team with a winning record since a 94-91 victory over Milwaukee on Jan. 2. They're 6-19 against such opponents.

Indiana set a season high for points in Wednesday's 114-109 win over Detroit, with point guard George Hill seemingly the biggest difference maker in his first start since returning on Jan. 23 from a groin injury. He scored 20 on 8-of-12 shooting and recorded six assists with one turnover in 26 minutes. He had played fewer than 22 minutes in four of his first five games since coming back.

The Pacers are 3-1 when Hill starts and 6-5 when he plays while averaging 100.5 points. They've averaged 93.9 points while going 12-27 without him.

"Certainly George leading the way is a big difference for us," coach Frank Vogel said. "He creates things for others and get us organized. He is great playing with the basketball and without the basketball."

Hill, who had missed a total of 12 games over the last two seasons, also sat out the first 28 contests with a knee injury.

"My conditioning is at an all-time low," he said. "But I felt fine physically. It is still going to take a couple game to get my legs back under me."

Indiana's front line figures to be stretched thin without Lavoy Allen and Ian Mahinmi. Allen is missing his third game with a sore right knee while Mahinmi sprained his right ankle Wednesday.

The Cavaliers had dropped 15 of 16 regular-season meetings before winning the last two, including a 109-97 home win on Nov. 29. Love scored 28 while Irving had 24. Hill was inactive.

James is averaging 33.0 points in the second game of his last four back-to-backs, and should be well rested after sitting out the entire fourth quarter in Thursday's blowout.

Let's go Cavs!!!

Eight thoughts for the 8 inch long Lloyd's new haircut

1. It is the 9th Shumperting and the Cavs streak continues - I take full credit for this streak (Lebron was decent in this streak as well, so I don't mind sharing the credit with him).
2. Because of the time difference I'm able to watch live only the 1st and 2nd quarters - which are the Cav's best. So I think changing the tip-off time to earlier time for the rest of the season would help the Cavs greatly.
3. It would also help the amount of redness in my eyes the next day, and my productivity at work.
4. We have learned that bowling does magic with basketball's players chemistry, but I wouldn't recommend mixing the two together... (playing basketball with bowling balls)
5. This forum is the best sports fan forum I've ever been a part of - kudos to all of you and for the mods.
6. I've also learned in this forum that onion soup works great with being a minimalist (@The Oi)
7. And has anyone noticed that Jerusalem artichoke has no relation to Jerusalem and it's not even an artichoke? that's a shock!
8. Sorry, my thoughts were drifting. Back to our subject - Jason Lloyd is the best Cavs beat writer - and that's my final thought!
See you in the next Shumperting...
Jason_Lloyd.jpg

(Ideas for more haircut candidates are welcome - this streak continues and so I must not stop the Shumperting...)

Last edited:
Who last February would have thought , that one year later Pacers wont fight for playoffs spot and the Cavs will be hottest team in NBA.

Last edited:
Won't be an easy game at all.
Pacers won 3 of their last 5, still a dominant team at home.

Will be difficult to contain their strong frontcourt. Their backcourt, on the other hand, is pretty inconsistent.

If we don't lack energy tonight, continue to play our offense (not lazy one-on-one isolations) and cut the turnovers down, we should win this.

But somehow got a bad feeling about this one.

I see oracio's photoshop skills keep improving the longer he does this. :chuckle:

Go Cavs -- get some tonight!

B9IdcanCIAAr7vz.jpg:large

"The Pacers (18-32), who have won eight straight home matchups"

yeah...no. http://espn.go.com/nba/team/schedule/_/name/ind/indiana-pacers

Very odd wording from that article. I guess that is against the cabs. But don't get it twisted, the Pacers have CJ Miles on LBJ and Ian Mahinmi is out.

George Hill pours in three dozen and the Pacers win by 8. CJ Miles dunks on LeBron's bean, Rodney Stuckey lives in the lane all night, the crowd goes wild as David slays Goliath.

George Hill pours in three dozen and the Pacers win by 8. CJ Miles dunks on LeBron's bean, Rodney Stuckey lives in the lane all night, the crowd goes wild as David slays Goliath.

That's when Larry Bird wakes up and realizes that it was only a dream. :chuckle:

Apparently Kyrie has never won in Indiana? He said in the post game he was trying to get his first win in Indiana. I didn't know if he was just being sarcastic but that is hard to believe if true.

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-14: "Time for Playoff Vengeance on Mickey"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:14: " Time for Playoff Vengeance on Mickey."