• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

John Henson

Do Not Sell My Personal Information

tedginnjr

NBA Starter
Reaction score
Henson is a shot blocking big on his rookie contract with a PER over 20... But only getting about 12 minutes a game in Milwaukee, seemingly out of favor with Kidd. He was pretty impressive last year as a sophomore. Wonder about his availability?

http://espn.go.com/nba/player/_/id/6592/john-henson

Hmm I like his stats, never seen him play. Anyone know this dudes game?
I don't think he's much different than Tristan... I've only watched him a few times but that was my impression.

Hansen name's been mentioned before. He seems to have fallen out of favor, but unless he is causing problems I don't see Milwaukee's incentive to dump him, unless they get something of value back. He doesn't make enough money for money to be a concern -- the Bucks are already under the cap, and there is certainly no luxury tax concerns for this year or next.

Now Zaza Pachulia is a guy I could see them possibly trading. He has another year on his contract, and he makes enough to matter, depending on what they want to do with their capspace next summer. His salary fits within the Cavs' trade exception.

Henson does a great job protecting the paint from penetration by guards and wings. He blocks shots, alters shots and lowers opposing fg%. I do believe his big weakness is opposing bigs. He gets pushed around and bullied because he's so skinny.

Henson does a great job protecting the paint from penetration by guards and wings. He blocks shots, alters shots and lowers opposing fg%. I do believe his big weakness is opposing bigs. He gets pushed around and bullied because he's so skinny.

This is the type of situation we are looking at. We don't have what it is going to take to get something done this season if we want someone without any major holes in their game.

This is the type of situation we are looking at. We don't have what it is going to take to get something done this season if we want someone without any major holes in their game.
How bout

Rudy Gobert

Think he could be an option or even worth it? And how come the Cavs have failed drafting any decent bigs the past 8 years. Many guys drafted after #12 in the 1st round we could use right now.

Don't think the Jazz or the Bucks will be trading those guys any time soon.

Henson looked alright early on, but he has been hot garbage this year, and Kidd cut his playing time more and more.

How bout

Rudy Gobert

Think he could be an option or even worth it? And how come the Cavs have failed drafting any decent bigs the past 8 years. Many guys drafted after #12 in the 1st round we could use right now.

Alex Len has been playing terrific.

As always, there's a reason a young player isn't getting minutes. He's either injured, crazy, or just not very good.

As always, there's a reason a young player isn't getting minutes. He's either injured, crazy, or just not very good.

In the case of Henson, he's really suffering from a log jam at the 4/5.

He showed a ton of improvement from year 1 to year 2 but is stuck on a team where four other players at the 4 / 5 are logging 17+ minutes a game.

I doubt he's available given how ridiculously cheap his contract is but who knows.

That's not really true at all...there can be plenty of reasons why young players don't get minutes. Crowded rotation, coaches preferring veterans, etc etc etc.

Henson is a really solid player. Great length, great touch around the basket, his hook shot is accurate and un-contestable. Put up great numbers last year (11/7 on 54% shooting and 1.7 blocks), even has a developing jumper. 19 PER. Could see him developing into a longer Taj Gibson. He's just rail thin and has a high center of gravity.

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-14: "Time for Playoff Vengeance on Mickey"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:14: " Time for Playoff Vengeance on Mickey."