• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

Mom & I at the Q - Cavs & Bulls - Sunday, April 5th

Do Not Sell My Personal Information

DougHeil

The Seasoned Pro
Reaction score
First; Shout out to @CavsSimmy. I read your fantastic thread. Very happy you had a good visit. I also had some questions answered in that.

Mom is turning 84 yrs young in April. She's been a big Cavs fan since the 90's, but hasn't missed a game on TV since 2003. Her and I went to a game in 07 or so. She had her pic taken with Fred McLeod at a pre-Cavs party that night. She loves Fred & Austin. She IS Lebron's biggest fan... no doubt. She hated him for leaving but would watch Miami play whenever she could to root against them. She Loves him. Hate and love go together. Anyway, if there is anyway she could meet Lebron next Sunday, let me know. I know it's a pipe dream, but it would be a very happy Bday present for her if it happened. She also likes Kyrie & JR a bunch and talks about them all the time.

Mom can still walk okay, but can get winded so my plan was to drop her off at the correct gate for our seats, and then go find a place to park. I can't find the gate number as it's not on our ticket slip. Can someone post as to our gate? Here is our tickets:

Section 131
Row 7
Isle seat 1 & 2. 1 being a seat by tunnel.

The @CavsSimmy thread helped get many questions answered. We will arrive at the Q at 2pm. Game is at 3:30. Any chance she could meet Lebron?... at all?

Also; I know lots of you will attend that game. Please look us up as I would love to meet you. Mom will be wearing a Gold #23 jersey. I'll be wearing a Navy #23 jersey. Oh; are they decent seats?

Thanks all.

Hasn't missed a game on TV since 2003? That's impressive as hell.

It definitely would be a longshot to meet Lebron and if you were able to, it would probably have to be a meetup that's been planned for a while. I'd say do your best to tweet Fred, Allie, Danny G, and the Q Assist and tell them about your situation and if there's anyway your mom could meet Lebron. Be persistent!

Thank you but I don't see how to know what gate I can drop her off at unless I'm missing something.
I think you're going to want to drop her off at the Huron Rd Entrance. Your seats are really nice, my family has seats in the opposite corner of the arena a few rows up from where you are and we love them. Really nice view, close enough to appreciate the players but also with a bit of incline so your view shouldn't be obstructed. I think your only chance of meeting LeBron is during their warm up right after doors open. They tend to give some autographs then if you go down to the side of the court, but it doesn't happen every game or with all the players. Hope you have a great time!

Thank you but I don't see how to know what gate I can drop her off at unless I'm missing something.

Sorry, this is probably more helpful:

Arenamap.JPG

Perfect! Looks like Huron Rd and 4th. Thank you!

That's awesome, man! Best of luck and wish a Happy Birthday to your mother from her RCF family.

I'd also send a few tweets through to the @Cavs page as well. Try and get through to Ahmaad and even send Fred the photo you guys took for nostalgias-sake - you never know what might happen!

WAIT A GOD DAMN MINUTE HERE.

I thought DougHeil was an alter ego of Jigo?

The real DougHeil is back?!?

PLEASE LET THIS BE TRUE. JON CAME BACK, NOW YOU.

ALL IS RIGHT IN RCF LAND.

Someone get corey back so I can make fun of him again.

Corey says hes still banned.

I think Doug came back in my thread in OT a year ago.

Corey says hes still banned.

I think Doug came back in my thread in OT a year ago.

Damn. Well still. Doug is back. Jon is back.

They let me back, figured they'd have let Corey back at some point. Oh well.

That's awesome, man! Best of luck and wish a Happy Birthday to your mother from her RCF family.

I'd also send a few tweets through to the @Cavs page as well. Try and get through to Ahmaad and even send Fred the photo you guys took for nostalgias-sake - you never know what might happen!
Unfortunately a member in here actually took the pic of my Mom and Fred. He did show it to me but I can't find the thread where it is. Him and I use to partake "at that other place" and is why we were at the party that night... fanatic party. Shortly after I joined this place. I wish I had the pic for her now. Hey Fred; think we could get another pic with you?? LOL

"I thought DougHeil was an alter ego of Jigo?"

Hi X; that was just a rumor from years ago. Nothing to it really. We switched homes at one point, but that's about it.

"I think Doug came back in my thread in OT a year ago."

Hi Chris; Very right. I'm happy you are very okay.

She trying to get the pipe?

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-14: "Time for Playoff Vengeance on Mickey"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:14: " Time for Playoff Vengeance on Mickey."