• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

Sam Bradford anyone?

Do Not Sell My Personal Information

caf

Some people did something.
Reaction score
Due to Sam Bradford's cap hit next year (17ish million, a number that is sizable even for a proven franchise quarterback) and the fact the Rams can reduce that hit by 10+ million parting ways with him, he will likely be avalible in some capacity next season.

Personally I think Sam Bradford has the physical and mental tools to be a very successful quarterback. Unfortunately he has been made of glass up to this point of his career. Actually, that may be over estimating his durability.

However, the Browns quarterback situation is about as bad as it possibly could be. Out of the avalible quarterbacks, a healthy Sam Bradford, in my opinion, is heads and shoulders above every other option (key word being healthy).

I say we try and bring him in. I think we could get him on a reasonable contract, and his ceiling is extremely high. It seems like a low risk/high reward type move that can pay dividends in spades. To be honest, I'm not seeing many better alternatives.

You summed it up perfectly. When healthy, I see no reason he couldn't make us a serious threat to make the playoffs and contend for the division.

Definitely for it. If/when he gets hurt, we can still draft a top QB in 2016.

I'm definitely on board with this.

I'd be willing to watch that, I suppose. Yeah, he's made of glass, but that seems to be his one issue. If he can ever get past that, Bradford is absolutely accurate enough and cerebral enough to get the reads and timing down.

No.

I'm not against Sam Bradford but this is a division that is all about a aggressive defense. I think there is a good chance he will get hurt half way through the year.

I'd be willing to watch that, I suppose. Yeah, he's made of glass, but that seems to be his one issue. If he can ever get past that, Bradford is absolutely accurate enough and cerebral enough to get the reads and timing down.

He can't throw downfield at all, his accuracy is overrated, and his mobility is about one step above Hoyer's. He's not a fit in Shanahan's preferred play-action roll out heavy offense, but if he's released there's no question he'd be the best QB on the free agent market.

He can't throw downfield at all, his accuracy is overrated, and his mobility is about one step above Hoyer's. He's not a fit in Shanahan's preferred play-action roll out heavy offense, but if he's released there's no question he'd be the best QB on the free agent market.

alright cosmo here is my question. are you either A) manziel nut or B) you just hate all QBs not named manziel?

because seriously bradford is 100X the QB (When healthy) of anyone on this roster, to bash him the way you did is ridiculous when you dont have any better options.

absolutely i would be interested in him, but not for a really high contract

alright cosmo here is my question. are you either A) manziel nut or B) you just hate all QBs not named manziel?

I've liked Johnny more than most since before the draft, so I guess A. But I don't hate all QBs though, I've defended different guys like Russell Wilson, Cam Newton, Tony Romo and Jay Cutler all year.

because seriously bradford is 100X the QB (When healthy) of anyone on this roster, to bash him the way you did is ridiculous when you dont have any better options.

absolutely i would be interested in him, but not for a really high contract

Bash him? I laid out the other issues with Sam Bradford apart from his lengthy injury history. There's more than one reason the Rams will potentially move on from a #1 draft pick, I touched on them in my first post. They've also heavily invested in WRs the past couple years in the draft and had little to show for it with Bradford under center, yet when they turned to an UFA in Austin Davis and a career journeyman in Shaun Hill the position suddenly starting producing as expected.

I also said he'd be the best QB on the market, which says more about the lack of quality options apart from Bradford.

I'd only have interest in him if you could get him for next to nothing. I don't think he's special and I think he's actually one of the most overrated quarterbacks of the last 10 years. The Rams have been no better with or without him, so I don't think he's a difference maker in the slightest. Rather roll with Hoyer.

At this point, I'm not paying Hoyer anything to start on this team.

If you're confident in Manziel's abilities at this point, I'm wondering what the hell you're watching. He is light years away from quality quarterbacking, a mechanical nightmare.

I take a chance on Bradford and I make a run at Cobb.

Draft and/or sign a tight end and right side lineman, get Mack healthy, and you've got yourself a potent offense.

Id take a chance on him and Id even be willing to pay heavily, but the only way I'm paying heavily is if he meets escalators in the contract. He'd have to take 80% of the snaps, throw for x amount of yards, ect...

I'm not a salary cap guru, so I'm not sure how legal it is to have high dollar escalators.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk at your local pub.

Reactions: caf
Id take a chance on him and Id even be willing to pay heavily, but the only way I'm paying heavily is if he meets escalators in the contract. He'd have to take 80% of the snaps, throw for x amount of yards, ect...

I'm not a salary cap guru, so I'm not sure how legal it is to have high dollar escalators.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk at your local pub.

Hoyer had an escalator for taking 70% of the snaps that paid home nearly double his base salary. So it sounds doable.

I'd only have interest in him if you could get him for next to nothing. I don't think he's special and I think he's actually one of the most overrated quarterbacks of the last 10 years. The Rams have been no better with or without him, so I don't think he's a difference maker in the slightest. Rather roll with Hoyer.

While I think Bradford is a decent QB, I agree that you only go after him if he's very cheap. His injury history is just too significant for you to pay him any kind of actual money. He's an upgrade over what we have, to be sure, but does anyone here trust him to be healthy for more than eight games a year?

Unless Johnny is gone he will go somewhere else...he will also go anywhere else unless the Browns overpay for him (they aren't getting him on the cheap).

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-14: "Time for Playoff Vengeance on Mickey"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:14: " Time for Playoff Vengeance on Mickey."