• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

Will the Cavs get caught in the Ferry undertow?

Do Not Sell My Personal Information
I hope they sell the team to the Seattle group....

Personally, I think it's ridiculous that he's selling over this. This isn't even close to what Sterling said. A little racist? Sure, but I'm sure every owner in the NBA has sent or said something a little racist at some point just like the rest of us.

I also don't get why he volunteered the information himself. If he wanted to sell the team, why not just sell it without outing himself as a racist?

As far as saying the white fans are afraid of the black fans...duh...they live in Atlanta. :chuckle:

Personally, I think it's ridiculous that he's selling over this. This isn't even close to what Sterling said. A little racist? Sure, but I'm sure every owner in the NBA has sent or said something a little racist at some point just like the rest of us.

I also don't get why he volunteered the information himself. If he wanted to sell the team, why not just sell it without outing himself as a racist?

As far as saying the white fans are afraid of the black fans...duh...they live in Atlanta. :chuckle:

I bet there is more in the email we don't know about yet.

Racial marketing is part of any business plan and demographic research. Its seems that the owner is responindg to this demographics that was presented to him.

Racial demographics is a whoe new can of worms and I think the owner wants out and decided to get this part of being an NBA owner out in public.

The point is as soon as one essentially studies or responds to any numbers reported or based on race. its becomes racist.

He was trying to market to the white demographic to attract corporate sponsorship.

and while the black pupulation makes up a large portion of the atlanta area and has a stong affluent black standing in the city .

Median household income in 2009 ($)

Read more: http://www.city-data.com/income/income-Atlanta-Georgia.html#ixzz3CeDK5LiQ

This shows that the white population remaining in atlanta are the affluent ones.

We fill out questionaires all the time asking if we are black white or asian. as long as people continue to identify themselves by race. these type of conversations will occur

Last edited:
Racial marketing is part of any business plan and demographic research. Its seems that the owner is responindg to this demographics that was presented to him.

Racial demographics is a whoe new can of worms and I think the owner wants out and decided to get this part of being an NBA owner out in public.

Yeah I honestly never got the impression that this guy was racist after reading the entire Email. He definitely made some stereotypical assumptions but he was mostly expressing what he believed many of the fans must be thinking. At one point he even called the fan's concerns about safety to be "racist garbage."

I'm not saying I agree with it but it seems to me that he was just talking business. NBA owners are billionaires who have no doubt overlooked many moral concerns on their way to becoming rich. I have no doubt in my mind that plenty of owners have probably had discussions similar if not far worse than this one.

Blackmail?

Yeah I honestly never got the impression that this guy was racist after reading the entire Email. He definitely made some stereotypical assumptions but he was mostly expressing what he believed many of the fans must be thinking. At one point he even called the fan's concerns about safety to be "racist garbage."

I'm not saying I agree with it but it seems to me that he was just talking business. NBA owners are billionaires who have no doubt overlooked many moral concerns on their way to becoming rich. I have no doubt in my mind that plenty of owners have probably had discussions similar if not far worse than this one.

Blackmail?
i think THe NBA will be using racism in the future to move out owners they dont believe are doing the job.

Tv contracts are coming up. big markets like Atlanta need to produce. if they dont produce its easy to say well we have new ownership coming in this area. this allows them to over project their expected ratings and attendance based on the new ownership plans.

the question here is racial marketing okay? isnt racist now to play hip hop or country in pre game celebrations.

is having all black cheerleaders something to be protected while having all white cheerleaders would be judged as racist ?

are white people who are now a minority in areas should be ignored when companies market .

lots of touch questions in todays society baring their head in the NBA

Something fishy going on here....

Adrian Wojnarowski ‏@WojYahooNBA 14s
High-ranking league official w/ direct knowledge of Bruce Levenson probe disputes to Yahoo the fact that owner self-reported email to NBA.

something fishy is levenson wants to boost the value of his club and thinks being racist might generate a bidding were for people wanting to be the "saviours" rescuing the hawks from racism like the clippers new ownership group did

No offense to any Atlanta fans. But hopefully Hansen and his group buy them and move them to Seattle. I know there are Hawk fans, but people I've talked to in the area or basketball fans in general, the Hawks are generally an afterthought.

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-14: "Time for Playoff Vengeance on Mickey"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:14: " Time for Playoff Vengeance on Mickey."