• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

Windhorst-WKNR

Do Not Sell My Personal Information
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think that's good news. At least you'll know where to find him. I'm sure he will write some pieces for espncleveland.com, like Grossi.
I could see a rivalry developing with he and Haynes for rumors and breaking news both here in Cleveland and around the league.

Maybe he'll stop being such a negative Nancy? I hope he gets back to his pre-ESPN days. Loved his work in the past.

I think that's good news. At least you'll know where to find him. I'm sure he will write some pieces for espncleveland.com, like Grossi.
I could see a rivalry developing with he and Haynes for rumors and breaking news both here in Cleveland and around the league.
Haynes doesn't stand a chance, to be honest. When Windy tries he's better at finding out info than anybody.

I live in NE Ohio I've yet to find 1 place in or around the city where my car actually picks up the 1540 signal.
yeah it's terrible...but you can live stream it on any radio app and ESPNCleveland.com

Show should be called Wet Blanket Windy based on his recent work.

Here, here.

Not to be a hater, because I love Windhorst, but most of that love is based on his pre-ESPN days work. The guy is waaaaay different now. Wet blanket is a really good way to describe it.

I still read and listen to him whenever I can, though. Even with this new team the Cavs have put together, though, he seems pretty lukewarm.

Yeah. I mean, I get that there was a lot to be negative about in Cleveland the past few years, but it just seemed like literally everything he wrote about us had nothing positive whatsoever. Even now, he's still doing it and it's starting to get old. We're all super excited about our new team and he's just throwing water on the flames, often for seemingly no reason.

Like when he said he expected Kyrie to be out for a while the other day even though he didn't appear to have any evidence beyond knowing it was an ankle sprain.

Here, here.

Not to be a hater, because I love Windhorst, but most of that love is based on his pre-ESPN days work. The guy is waaaaay different now. Wet blanket is a really good way to describe it.

I still read and listen to him whenever I can, though. Even with this new team the Cavs have put together, though, he seems pretty lukewarm.

He really is, after it came out that Kyrie's injury is pretty minor. Windy, for some dumb reason, speculated Kyrie would be out for awhile.

I mean, this is clearly an aimed attempt to drive up ratings, and what a lot of the hacks at ESPN do.

He's a Cleveland hater. It's obvious. Any impartial person out there can get excited about what the Cavaliers have put together. The amount of talent on this team is seen together once in a decade, if that. Dude needs to change his attitude fast.

He's a Cleveland hater. It's obvious. Any impartial person out there can get excited about what the Cavaliers have put together. The amount of talent on this team is seen together once in a decade, if that. Dude needs to change his attitude fast.

Talk to the guy some day if you get the chance. He's a thoughtful and straight forward guy. Windy might not be a homer, but he's no Cleveland hater.

The Cavs were close to being a dumpster fire for the last 4 years. Was Windy supposed to put a ribbon on it and call it a bouquet of a team in every column? Was he supposed to write that the Cavs had a fairy tale of a locker room last season? Was he supposed to write that the guys the team picked up in mid-season trades were happy to be here? He didn't say great things about the team, but didn't really trash the team like he could have if he wanted too air all the dirty laundry.

Lebron to Cle looked pretty slim in mid June. Was Windy supposed to say that the Cavs were the front runners to sign him at midnight on July 1st?

If the Cavs start winning, every one will quickly go back to loving Windy's columns again

But radio is a good idea here. He's shape really stands out when he's next to athletes on TV, even when he's sitting.

He wasn't a Cleveland hater when he was here. Like @Douglar said, get a chance to talk to him. I've talked to Windhorst several times. He is a nice guy and some of the bashing he gets on this board is uncalled for as he has done podcasts with us on RCF multiple times.

I don't know the guy, but it seems to me that he really felt burned after what LBJ did back in 2010. He'd been right by the guy through his high school days, became the best reporter for the ABJ and then the go to guy for the Cavs period. He kept saying he thought LBJ would come back, and that he didn't think LBJ would go on TV and hurt the city. And then, the Decision.

I think Windy the journalist felt a bit burned by Windy the fan. Seems to me he made a conscious decision to try to not be a homer moving forward, both because he didn't want it to hurt his journalism, and because he didn't want to be burned as a "fan" again.

So, he ended up being something of a negative Nancy when it came to talking about Cleveland. He didn't want to get anyone's hopes up, including his own, and he didn't want to be accused by other national media types of being a Cleveland partisan. I do think that he probably took that too far sometimes, but I also think some of us are bit hypersensitive about his criticisms/reservations precisely because we are fans.

Anyway, I'm glad he'll be back. He never seemed like an egotistical prick, and I think he tries to be honest. Usually, he's got good sources as well, and I expect that will improve now that LBJ is back in his hometown.

Bottom line is that with everything going to well, it just doesn't seem the right time to hold a grudge anymore.

Windhorst may seem a bit "subdued" on the Cavaliers ever since The Decision, but I have a funny feeling when we win a title finally, I'm going to see him in downtown Cleveland doing coke out of a stripper's ass crack as people douse hm in champagne. :chuckle:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-14: "Time for Playoff Vengeance on Mickey"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:14: " Time for Playoff Vengeance on Mickey."