The Winds of Winter
- Apr 3, 2012
- Reaction score
I've been wanting to put this together for a while now, and since I'm going to be relatively free this week, I figured now is as good of time as any. I was wondering if anybody here would be interested in doing a 25-round all-time Cleveland Indians fantasy draft here on the forum. I think anywhere from 6-8 teams would make it the most fun for everybody, and since nothing is really at stake here (I guess we could vote on who has the best team at the end?), we could take our time with it.
- The draft will be snake format and draft order will be 100% randomly selected. Team names are encouraged but not required.
- Players must have been on the Indians for at least three seasons (according to baseball-reference) to be selected. No Josh Donaldson, Jay Bruce, or Leonys Martins here. A guy like Andrew Miller would be fine though, even though he wasn't here for three full seasons. As long as the baseball-reference statistic says CLE (3 yrs), it flies with me.
- Players will be at their absolute peak in this draft when they were on the Indians. A guy like Eddie Murray who spent three post-prime (but still good) years on the Indians would be equivalent to his best year as an Indian, not when he was an MVP candidate in Baltimore.
- Teams will have to fill out a full starting lineup consisting of three outfielders, a third basemen, shortstop, second basemen, first basemen, catcher, and designated hitter, along with four allotted position player utility slots. Pitching is a bit more flexible, but I'd recommend five starters and seven bullpen guys.
- Positions are relatively flexible between your players. I don't think anybody would care if you put Jim Thome at 3B or 1B or Grady Sizemore in RF instead of CF. Just keep it somewhat reasonable.
- Pitching is the same way. I doubt many of us are super versed on the history of Indians middle relievers, so if you want to draft six starters and have one be a long relief pen guy, I doubt any of us would object. Same thing if you draft two or three closers. No biggie.
- I'm not going to instill any time limit between picks, but if you know you only get on this forum once a week or so, maybe sit this one out so we're not waiting forever on your picks.
- My absolute cap on teams is going to be ten. That's 250 players, and I think almost any of us on the board would be hard-pressed to go through and find 250 Indians players that deserve to get drafted in a thing like this.