• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

Diet and Workout Routines

Do Not Sell My Personal Information
I don't mean to go off topic so if 1 person can just answer this. What is with the margins on the site? I have to scroll over to the right so I can see all the words in a post.

are you on mobile? try a different browser? it works fine for me on all my devices (android, win 7 and 8)

LOL NateDagg.

The best way I was told to figure out BMUs (bar muscle ups), were these cues:
-grab the bar with your hands outside of your shoulders
-make sure your thumb is on the same side of the bar as your other fingers (aka grab the bar like a gorilla, not like yo dick)
unnamed-1.jpg

-kipping work: when you kip forward, your head/hips are IFO the bar; when you kip backward, you are basically holding a hollow hold on a vertical plane

bar-muscle-up-scott-bovis.jpg

-pulling up: work on getting your chest over the bar on top, then your nips OB (over bar), then your navel OB, and then yo dick OB
-by the time you get a dick-over-bar pullup, you have completed a BMU
-Bands: use bands if you want, but keep them thin; using large bands to assist with BMUs is more of a crutch than an assistance move/scale

Oh, and I found this on some outdoor bodyweight strength/pre-parkour site; might help
5e3ce5725a9f436e66001e1bada08513.jpg

Done with week 1 of SS.. holy shit. Haha this is sick, i feel like a beast adding 5 pounds every day.

Did some weighted dips and chin ups after todays Squat/Bench/Deadlift

3x5 chin ups with 35lbs and 3x5 dips with 55lbs today, after squat/clean/OHP..my whole body is fried haha

still addin 5 pounds every day, squatted 230 for 3x5 well below parallel. Im eating 2700 Cals now, i figure ill bump it up when i eventually stall out on adding weight every day

Can one of you trainer people recommend a knee/shin compression sleeve? I know there are a few out there that range from $20-$50, and want to know if it is really worth it to dish out the $50. And I am not going to wear the long whole pant style compression pants. Just a leg sleeve.

I am starting to run regularly long distance for the marathon in April and I can sometimes feel it under my knee cap/upper shin (Runner's knee).

Any advice will help besides "Stop being a pussy."

Thanks!

Can one of you trainer people recommend a knee/shin compression sleeve? I know there are a few out there that range from $20-$50, and want to know if it is really worth it to dish out the $50. And I am not going to wear the long whole pant style compression pants. Just a leg sleeve.

I am starting to run regularly long distance for the marathon in April and I can sometimes feel it under my knee cap/upper shin (Runner's knee).

I've had friends swear to me that spending the extra $$ for higher end compression pants/leggings/etc are worth it; however, I can't see the benefit being worth paying three digits. I say be cheap, because I don't think it's worth spending all dat cash on shin sleeves.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/MPS-Mens-Wo...t=LH_DefaultDomain_0&var=&hash=item417b65f5d6

$15 for a pair of shin sleeves, shipped in a week. Try them out, and if they suck you're not ripped off. Just try to find out what size you are, by hitting up a local sporting goods place. If they don't have them, check a local CrossFit place; they'll have the expensive ones, for sure.

i got some Nike Pro Combat dude-leggings for lifting, and they are so awesome. Keeps your legs warm, but not sweaty, and the compression just feels good. I got em from Marshal's for like $25, got a pair of new balances too since they were out of Nike's..they're OK but the Nike's are surprisingly thick

52cfa562021c4c144f132c85c40a1ec19d1e1fedb4dc0764ed06e137d1ae826c.jpg

i got some Nike Pro Combat dude-leggings for lifting, and they are so awesome. Keeps your legs warm, but not sweaty, and the compression just feels good. I got em from Marshal's for like $25, got a pair of new balances too since they were out of Nike's..they're OK but the Nike's are surprisingly thick

Where the hell is there a Marshal's in our area? I was thinking of maybe checking out TJ Maxx or just sell out and go to Dick's

Where the hell is there a Marshal's in our area? I was thinking of maybe checking out TJ Maxx or just sell out and go to Dick's

fuck Dick's..

they just opended up a mega Homegoods-Marshalls combo store next to Target and Gabe's
(googled the address lol)
The Shops at Franklin Place
5245 Monroe St

I ordered some Adidas Powerlift 2.0 shoes since i cant afford the Adipowers :( should get here wednesday, which ill get to use them on my friday lift

got the 'merica color scheme
1000x1000.jpg

Session #7 of starting strength was today, still addin dat weight. Upped my calories to 3000 starting today, i really wanna be able to finish through this program (I'd be squattin 330 and deadlifting 410 if/when i make it).

Squat: 245 3 sets of 5 (like 90% ATG)
Bench: 185 3 sets of 5 (the struggle is real on bench)
Deadlift: 330 1 set of 5 (feel like the fuckin man doing deads)
Power Clean: 130 5 sets of 3 (I may drop the weight soon on this, i run out of gas after a couple sets)
Press: 110 3 sets of 5 (also manly as fuck)

Started reading Rippeote's "Strong Enough?", very entertaining but a short read..half way done after like 3 hours

I will put this in here b/c I don't go in the "Let's make a long thread.." thread, and I guess you can put it in "Diet"

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/11/08/doritos-mountain-dew_n_6126102.html

Doritos-Flavored Mountain Dew Is Real, PepsiCo Confirms

Apparently Kent State had it for a taste test?

PepsiCo didn't confirm where the new flavor would be tested, but according to Quartz, one Reddit user namedjoes_nipples – real name Steve Barnes, a freshman at Ohio's Kent State University -- got his hands on a sample and shared the first image of Dewitos with the world.

I mean they are great when eaten together, but drinking it? Seems just odd like the Green/Blue colored Ketchup. Tastes normal but just odd.

“It honestly wasn't that disgusting. It tasted like orange, with a Doritos aftertaste. It tasted like straight Doritos afterwards, though.

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-14: "Time for Playoff Vengeance on Mickey"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:14: " Time for Playoff Vengeance on Mickey."