• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

Dion Waiters Traded

Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Grade the Trade (Waiters + Kirk/Amundsen + 2nd rd pick for Smith, Shumpert, and 1st rd pick)

• A+

Votes: 18 7.1%
  • A

Votes: 68 26.7%
  • B

Votes: 106 41.6%
  • C

Votes: 44 17.3%
  • D

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • F

Votes: 9 3.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
The fact that he's in his 3rd year and still hasn't managed to knock this stuff off is absurd.
nowhere near the scale of a Rasheed Wallace, Kevin Garnett, Demarcus Cousins, Lance Stephenson

Dion Drew 2 techs last season..

http://espn.go.com/nba/statistics/p...nicalFouls/year/2014/position/shooting-guards

his behaviour isnt exactly as deplorable as your acting. yeah its something that can be improved and Dion has to learn not to get caught up with him.. but i see people commenting on Dions ref exchanges when its completely appropriate

nowhere near the scale of a Rasheed Wallace, Kevin Garnett, Demarcus Cousins, Lance Stephenson

Dion Drew 2 techs last season..

http://espn.go.com/nba/statistics/p...nicalFouls/year/2014/position/shooting-guards

his behaviour isnt exactly as deplorable as your acting. yeah its something that can be improved and Dion has to learn not to get caught up with him.. but i see people commenting on Dions ref exchanges when its completely appropriate

Again, really good players are going to get away with more...I'm not sure why you don't understand and accept this.

As for Stephenson, you see how much his old team thought of him as they let him walk out of town on the cheap. Honestly, Lance is probably a decent idea of where Dion might be headed here.

Welcome to professional sports, and most professions in general. Those who are better can get away with more. It's always been that way. The lesser players are on a shorter leash because when they do stuff that hurts the team they aren't as talented as the better players to make up for it. So either Dion figures that out or he's really going to struggle in this league.

yeah im not buying that either. Boobie did far less and was way less talented and got cut way more slack than Dion.

I havent seen Dion do anything thats "above" his meager talents.no need to welcome me to professional sports . ive been watching them as long or longer than you and the criticism on Dion just isnt normal

I know we just started, but I think it is going to be hard for Dion to find his role on this team, or at least be willing to accept it if it isn't what he expected. I initially thought Dion would have way more value on this team than Tristan, but I think it is the other way around. It also helps that Delly is helping alot with handling the ball, and LeBron controls it a lot. And we are so deep that Mike Miller is barely getting minutes. Dion might be our biggest trade asset for the future.

Another factor is that our offense looks like crap right now and we aren't moving it and sharing it like I envisioned. Once we get a flow on offense, I expect Dion to look much better. But we have so many offensive weapons that it is hard to get shots to go around the way it is.

Offense is awful right now, but we can still score because of how much talent we have. I'd also like to see us run a lot more and I can see Dion having more value out in the open court. I would love, love, love it if he were an energy type guy who contributed in many ways without the ball but we don't know if he can get there right now. He's played good defense at times, gotten a few offensive rebounds, had some opportunities to drive and didn't take them and has taken some poor 18-20 foot jumpers, but he is far from alone in taking bad shots thus far.

First and foremost, we have to either get the ball moving or spam P&R or P&P or post up Love or Lebron to death until we wear teams down. Secondly, as far as Dion is concerned, he has to move and get himself into spots to get himself open threes. He didn't do that tonight.

Let's get a bigger sample size before we clog the board with annoying Dion trade scenarios.
I didn't offer a single scenario. Even before the season started, I figured Dion or Tristan would be our biggest (most expendable) trade assets. I figured Tristan would be easier to give up, but now I think Tristan has more value to this team than Dion. I love Dion, but I don't think we necessarily "need" him. In the starting line up, he is basically reduced to a spot up shooter, so I would love to see him provide a scoring punch off the bench where he can control the ball more when Kyrie or LeBron need a rest. I just don't think he would be willing to accept that role. Dion sort of needs to run the show to be effective, and we already have 3 players that need a lot of touches.

Offense is awful right now, but we can still score because of how much talent we have. I'd also like to see us run a lot more and I can see Dion having more value out in the open court. I would love, love, love it if he were an energy type guy who contributed in many ways without the ball but we don't know if he can get there right now. He's played good defense at times, gotten a few offensive rebounds, had some opportunities to drive and didn't take them and has taken some poor 18-20 foot jumpers, but he is far from alone in taking bad shots thus far.

First and foremost, we have to either get the ball moving or spam P&R or P&P or post up Love or Lebron to death until we wear teams down. Secondly, as far as Dion is concerned, he has to move and get himself into spots to get himself open threes. He didn't do that tonight.

I think we need to push the ball even more too. Getting Dion out on the break will make him more effective, and some easy baskets would get his confidence up.

The Cavaliers absolutely need Dion Waiters.

However, they also need Waiters to keep calm and play good, solid, efficient basketball. Which I'm not sure he can do.

I'm starting to think the Cavaliers may need to upgrade SG before center...

If Dion was serious about being like a sponge soaking up everything he can from LeBron, the back-to-back possessions where LeBron was arguing with the refs and didn't bother to get back on defense probably didn't help matters.

Those plays brought my blood to a boil. Sorry but Blatt should have called LeBron out on those. Kyrie did it once or twice too, after trying to score on 3 people. Unacceptable. Delly deserved to be in the game and of course you're gonna have LeBron out there late in the game but I hate the fact that Kyrie has always gotten this "LeBron" treatment in terms of his minutes and the acceptance of his lack good decision making and lack of effort. I would have felt better with Dion out there in the 4th rather than Kyrie, tbh.

Classic Dion: he's going to start slow and then just when you think he isn't worth it he'll turn the corner.
Seems like one of those guys who things just don't click right away

According to my man Tornicade, the entire team, coaching staff and refs are holding Dion back from reaching superstar status.

Not worried about Dion; Blatt's just getting the hang of managing an NBA rotation.

So far early this season only seeing the end of game I can not anything about his play. However Delly is a way better defender in the Clutch and is really one of those glad we got that guy kind of cases. He adds more on Defense that we lack big time. I think Waiters will see more time early in games and Delly will close out games until they find what they are over all. Dion no longer can get away with what he used to. If and I hope he does get it right he will be a fine player and I hope this is the case.

I just rewatched the game: I actually thought Dion was fine for the first 3 quarters. Not great or anything but he hit some shots, missed a few makeable shots but on the whole played decent defense and stayed within the flow of the game.

Blatt got upset with him when he complained and didn't get back as quickly as he'd like. What's funny is that he only spent about half the time complaining as he would last year :chuckle:. Overall not concerned

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-14: "Time for Playoff Vengeance on Mickey"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:14: " Time for Playoff Vengeance on Mickey."