• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

2015 Draft Prospects

Do Not Sell My Personal Information
The speed gun thing is interesting and all but it's meaningless. Kirk Cousins would have the 2nd highest velocity this year. Mike Glennon who has a cannon registered a 49.

http://blogs.ourlads.com/2015/03/13/quarterback-ball-velocity-at-nfl-combine-2008-2015/
Kirk Cousins, Michigan State 59
Colt McCoy, Texas 56 (Did not throw at Combine. Throw was recorded at a private workout with a Radar Gun & Computer Chip in Ball.
EJ Manuel, Florida State 54
Michael Glennon, North Carolina State 49

Ourlads did a preview where they said Petty had the slowest measured velocity of any QB at the combine at 57 MPH. When I hear that, combined with what I see, I think his arm is barely passable. The rest of the stuff...well, we'll see. He's firmly behind Grayson and probably equal with Mannion, for me. For where he'll likely be drafted, I'm not a fan of the Petty gamble.

3rd round at the absolute highest.

When has QB velocity proven to have any sort of value?

Maybe I'm missing something but Bryce Petty feels like a 3rd or 4th round prospect. The transition from the spread, the accuracy, the inability to handle a pass rush, etc.

I don't see any scenario where he's capable of being a starter for at least a year, if not 2. Realistically, how often does a team draft someone in the middle rounds and actually develop that player into their starting QB after sitting them a while?

If the Bucs and Titans pick Winston and Mariota, that will mean 22 of the 32 starting QBs in the NFL were first round picks, with five other starters coming from the top part of the second round.

Very rarely, I guess you could say Romo and Brady although those are two of the ultimate outliers, does a team draft a QB in the mid rounds, develop him for a while, and turn him into a starter later. It just isn't really a feasible option in most cases.

Well b00bster wants to draft Petty in the 2nd, so he thinks he could be our future stud starter. I honestly don't know a whole lot about him, though.

I think a QB in round 2 would be wasteful with what undoubtedly will be left on the board at 43.

I understand it is a silly/dumb way to evaluate QBs or any position but looking at former Big 12 QBs:

Bradford
Griffin
Weeden
McCoy
Landry Jones
Geno Smith

Yikes. Even though injuries certainly have to play a role in evaluating Bradford and Griffin.

Not sure if this has been shared yet, but an interesting video on Danny Shelton's life story. Makes me want him more honestly, the kid has a chip on his shoulder...

Click the link to view the video

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/...ed-death-from-man-who-shot-and-killed-brother

How Top-15 Pick Danny Shelton Escaped Death from Man Who Shot and Killed Brother
By BR Studios , Featured Columnist Apr 27, 2015

promo254173477

How Danny Shelton Escaped Death from Man Who Shot and Killed Brother

For NFL prospect Danny Shelton and his family, the first round of the 2015 draft symbolizes far more than the beginning of his professional football career.

That date, April 30, represents the partial closing of a wound that gashed open and tore apart the Shelton family four years ago when a seemingly benign altercation turned deadly on May 1, 2011, in the Seattle suburb of Auburn, Washington.

Discover how Danny overcame the most unimaginable of circumstances to become an All-American for the Washington Huskies and a surefire first-round pick destined for greatness in the NFL and beyond.

Going through the first round, I wanted to go into more detail on who I'd be comfortable/not with taking and at which spots:

I'll list them in order of preference:

note: Not including Cooper, Fowler (my favorite defensive player), Winston or Mariota in this b/c I don't see the likelihood they'll be there at 12.

12th pick:

Kevin White - This guys is simply the best receiver in the draft to me and it's not even close. Speed, size, body control, hands, RAC ability, dreadlocks, everything. If he makes it past 7 who knows?

Danny Shelton - He needs to get in better shape and transform his body a bit, but few guys have the ability to be the run-stuffer this guy can be.

Malcom Brown - Brings a different style of play to the 3-4, but would be a suitable alternative if the other two guys are off the board. A stalwart that will help immediately.

Don't Draft:

Any offensive lineman, any cornerback (though I love Trae Waynes), any pass rusher, Todd Gurley, any other wide receiver not named Cooper/White.

19th Pick:

This can go so many different ways, but some guys I'd like to see here include:

Breshad Perriman - Say what you will about his hands, but part of that only happened this year with far less consistency at the QB position. He's big, he's strong, he can go short and long. He has the potential to be an elite level wide receiver because of his natural tools, something I don't think you can say about Parker, Strong and Agholor.

Malcom Brown - What he doesn't provide in terms of value at 12, he provides more of at 19.

Eddie Goldman - Big body defensive lineman can be versatile and move around to different spots.

Mario Edwards - This would surprise some people, but I think he's more naturally talented than just about anyone in this class at the position. I think he goes off the board to someone around this area of the first round. Trey Flowers also could fit in here as well.

Dorial Green-Beckham - Pie in the sky on my end, because I know they'll never do it. But he's the most physically gifted receiver in his class behind White.

Don't Draft under any circumstances:

Shane Ray
Randy Gregory
Erick Flowers
Cameron Erving
Landon Collins
Arik Armstead

High chance Petty never amounts to anything in the NFL. Stay away.

Top notch insight there.

Was Erving on your "Don't Draft Under Any Circumstances" because he was an offensive lineman, or for other reasons?

Was Erving on your "Don't Draft Under Any Circumstances" because he was an offensive lineman, or for other reasons?

Offensive lineman...

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-14: "Time for Playoff Vengeance on Mickey"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:14: " Time for Playoff Vengeance on Mickey."