• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

Farewell, Timofey Mozgov

Do Not Sell My Personal Information
I like to assume everything's hunky dory and wait til training camp to find out about something that might derail our season :dunno:

Anyone has insight on Mozzy's surgery this summer?

I was wondering the same thing. Here's something I found from two weeks ago.

http://www.fiba.com/news/knee-surgery-forces-mozgov-out-of-eurobasket-2015

MOSCOW (EuroBasket 2015) - Russia will be without their big man in the middle for EuroBasket 2015 as NBA center Timofey Mozgov has pulled out of the tournament to recover from recent knee surgery.

The Cleveland Cavaliers center underwent arthroscopic surgery on his right knee on 1 July after injuring it during the NBA playoffs but playing on through the Finals. The 28-year-old Mozgov said he needs time to recover.

"First of all, that was not my decision, to come or not. The circumstances played their role. I will not be able to help the national team because of recent knee surgery," Mozgov was quoted as saying in the Sport Express.

I'm glad he's not playing for Russia this summer. Rest up the knee, big man!

There were also reports that the Cavs put his recovery time at 6 weeks from the surgery date, which was on July 1.

http://www.nba.com/2015/news/07/02/timofey-mozgov-knee-surgery-out-six-weeks.ap/

CLEVELAND (AP) — Cleveland Cavaliers center Timofey Mozgov has undergone successful right knee arthroscopic surgery and the team says he'll be out about six weeks.

Last edited:
Still wonder how TF were gonna resign Mozgov next season.

I'm fully prepared for this to be his last season as a Cav

I was wondering the same thing. Here's something I found from two weeks ago.

http://www.fiba.com/news/knee-surgery-forces-mozgov-out-of-eurobasket-2015

MOSCOW (EuroBasket 2015) - Russia will be without their big man in the middle for EuroBasket 2015 as NBA center Timofey Mozgov has pulled out of the tournament to recover from recent knee surgery.

The Cleveland Cavaliers center underwent arthroscopic surgery on his right knee on 1 July after injuring it during the NBA playoffs but playing on through the Finals. The 28-year-old Mozgov said he needs time to recover.

"First of all, that was not my decision, to come or not. The circumstances played their role. I will not be able to help the national team because of recent knee surgery," Mozgov was quoted as saying in the Sport Express.

I'm glad he's not playing for Russia this summer. Rest up the knee, big man!

There were also reports that the Cavs put his recovery time at 6 weeks from the surgery date, which was on July 1.

http://www.nba.com/2015/news/07/02/timofey-mozgov-knee-surgery-out-six-weeks.ap/

CLEVELAND (AP) — Cleveland Cavaliers center Timofey Mozgov has undergone successful right knee arthroscopic surgery and the team says he'll be out about six weeks.

Sounds like good ole meniscus surgery.

I think the Cavs will find a way to lock him up. I love the way he thinks dunk first, and takes it right to the rack !! He's what Griffin was talking about when he said we needed to add toughness.

I agree he's our 4th most important... the "shape" of our FA argument has been "TT JR Delly" for the past month, when it needed to be "Moz TT JR" from the second we locked up the big 3.

I am a huge Shump fan- but what was the reasoning behind doing Shump's extension before Mozgov's? Was it just because Shump was eager to go all in ASAP? Is the earliest Mozgov can get extended after this coming season?

You have to admit, the Shump extension came early, as a surprise, and was overshadowed by Lebron and Love's.

I agree he's our 4th most important... the "shape" of our FA argument has been "TT JR Delly" for the past month, when it needed to be "Moz TT JR" from the second we locked up the big 3.

I am a huge Shump fan- but what was the reasoning behind doing Shump's extension before Mozgov's? Was it just because Shump was eager to go all in ASAP? Is the earliest Mozgov can get extended after this coming season?

You have to admit, the Shump extension came early, as a surprise, and was overshadowed by Lebron and Love's.

Shump was a free agent, Moz is not a free agent.

Moz, Delly and maybe JR are the only major free agents we will have next year.

JFT said:
JFT said:
Mozgov isn't even eligible for an extension. 3rd anniversary of a player who signed a 4,5 or 6 year contract. Mozgov signed a 3yr contract

OK, thanks, I just needed to see it spelled out!

Moz is psyched to be in this situation. I hope Tristan doesn't screw us.

EDIT- the playing situation...not the contract one...although probably that too

Last edited:
About the JR situation- since he didn't accept our extension, he pretty much screwed himself longterm (will prob make close to the offer this year, but will lose longterm security), but gave us more flexibility to play with for Tristan now and Moz next year, right?

I'm trying to decide whether to be pissed at JR for not taking his extension. I tell myself it frees up money to pay Moz (and Tristan I guess), but ultimately didn't JR squelch our ability to keep him longterm no matter what? Because there's only going to be scraps left over after Moz next year...

PS- Griffin, or the Cavs at least, were pissed at JR, from what I heard. It sounds like they had something resembling a masterplan in mind to keep all 4 of these guys, and JR might've smoked it?

About the JR situation- since he didn't accept our extension, he pretty much screwed himself longterm (will prob make close to the offer this year, but will lose longterm security), but gave us more flexibility to play with for Tristan now and Moz next year, right?

I'm trying to decide whether to be pissed at JR for not taking his extension. I tell myself it frees up money to pay Moz (and Tristan I guess), but ultimately didn't JR squelch our ability to keep him longterm no matter what? Because there's only going to be scraps left over after Moz next year...

PS- Griffin, or the Cavs at least, were pissed at JR, from what I heard. It sounds like they had something resembling a masterplan in mind to keep all 4 of these guys, and JR might've smoked it?

JR opted out of 6.4 million for next year to get a longer term deal done. Him opting out will actually eat into 2016's free agency not help, but if we can lock him up for 3 more years, (dont want any longer), then it will be fine.

They were mad because they wanted to see JR for one full year before committing long term to him.

How do we know this though?

The lock up for 3 more years is an opinion.

Opting out is a fact.

The Cavs being upset has been heavily reported.

So i assume they wanted him to opt in so they could wait a year to make a long term decision, that is an educated guess.

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-14: "Time for Playoff Vengeance on Mickey"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:14: " Time for Playoff Vengeance on Mickey."