• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

LeBron James

Do Not Sell My Personal Information
If LeBron's jumper is broke and he stubbornly won't do what he should to fix it, that's a frightening thing for our prospects. He cannot be in the conversation for GOAT if he can't even reliably make a mid range jump shot (much less threes).

Thankfully we have a couple of other superstars who DO have a reliable mid range game to compensate.

Then I guess you have to take Magic out of the conversation, because he was often suspect in this regard, too.

And LeBron has been a very fine mid range shooter for a good portion of his career.

Great like Kobe and Michael? No, but very good, last year it was just pretty blah, and in the post season it was horrific.

It's disturbing he will only work with Damon fuckin' Jones, the once proclaimed greatest shooter in the world. Who was nothing but a spot up shooter in his career.

They believe the best mismatch is at PF as well. However, they think it will prevent him from wearing down and that he will take less of a beating. They analyzed every minute he was on the floor over and over. When he had the ball he was exerting much more energy, bouncing off people, taking bumps, getting knocked down, etc. When he played PF he had many more opportunities to rest and exerted a lot less energy getting open. Quite often it was a quick move to get open and then a pump fake or jump hook. When he did go out to the perimeter it was pretty easy to get away from a PF who wasn't used to going out there and wasn't used to being brushed off by a pick. He exerted less energy getting away from 4's than 3's. It will be situational and they likely wont match him up against any thugs who are at the 4. But they do plan on playing him more at PF. That coupled with less minutes should lengthen his career.

Another reason for doing this is that his jumper sucks. We analyzed his jumper and it's broke...it was his worst postseason ever for his jumper. His feet weren't square, his balance was off, he reverted back to fading away on a lot of shots he didn't need to. It's very easy to see for the coaches and it would be easy for Lebron to see if he worked with our coaches this summer. Instead he only works with DJ. DJ has him shooting a shit ton of shots, but he isn't using video or other tools to fix what's wrong...he's just reinforcing it. We need camp to start fast so we can show him what's up. He's such a stubborn ass at times. He's got his own trainer in Mike(he's awesome), he has his own coach in Damon(he's not)...won't let any of the real coaches work with him. So we won't have much time to break his shot down and fix it.

23% from 3FG (worst ever)
31% long jumpers (lowest since 2008)
36% midrange
30% short-range (lowest since 2007)
I know this isn't the right thread but I'd really like a post of this type for Kevin Love, sorry in advance if I'm asking too much, it really is a excellent post.

Why do people always say pfs take more of a beating when it's perimeter players that get affect by age more because they lose their speed and athleticism.. But big men don't lose their height and size with age. Just look at how well Malone, Duncan, dirk, kg, etc aged. They seem to get less injuries as well.

Why do people always say pfs take more of a beating when it's perimeter players that get affect by age more because they lose their speed and athleticism.. But big men don't lose their height and size with age. Just look at how well Malone, Duncan, dirk, kg, etc aged. They seem to get less injuries as well.

I agree on premise because his out-of-this-world basketball IQ and skill-set allows him to dominate anyone who attempts to guard him, but to be devil's advocate, i think people's concerns surround Lebron's athleticism wearing down due to the constant battering, and large amount of minutes played, reducing his ability to perform at his otherworld-ly level. Just playing Devil's advocate here mind you :chuckle:

Last edited:
lebrons broken jumper is the real cost of not having ray allen. He would be the guy to get lebron to believe in mechanics and he would be a perfect demonstration every day. Amon, is all about 'originality' in the technique and posing

What is Chris Jent up to these days?

LBJ's jump shot hasn't always looked so awkward.

Damon Jones doesn’t really seem qualified to “teach” anyone anything...

The thing that makes me want to pull my hair out is watching him look so slobby and unprofessional when he's on the sidelines (and walking out onto the court) representing the team. He could at least make an effort to not look awful.

They believe the best mismatch is at PF as well. However, they think it will prevent him from wearing down and that he will take less of a beating. They analyzed every minute he was on the floor over and over. When he had the ball he was exerting much more energy, bouncing off people, taking bumps, getting knocked down, etc. When he played PF he had many more opportunities to rest and exerted a lot less energy getting open. Quite often it was a quick move to get open and then a pump fake or jump hook. When he did go out to the perimeter it was pretty easy to get away from a PF who wasn't used to going out there and wasn't used to being brushed off by a pick. He exerted less energy getting away from 4's than 3's. It will be situational and they likely wont match him up against any thugs who are at the 4. But they do plan on playing him more at PF. That coupled with less minutes should lengthen his career.

Another reason for doing this is that his jumper sucks. We analyzed his jumper and it's broke...it was his worst postseason ever for his jumper. His feet weren't square, his balance was off, he reverted back to fading away on a lot of shots he didn't need to. It's very easy to see for the coaches and it would be easy for Lebron to see if he worked with our coaches this summer. Instead he only works with DJ. DJ has him shooting a shit ton of shots, but he isn't using video or other tools to fix what's wrong...he's just reinforcing it. We need camp to start fast so we can show him what's up. He's such a stubborn ass at times. He's got his own trainer in Mike(he's awesome), he has his own coach in Damon(he's not)...won't let any of the real coaches work with him. So we won't have much time to break his shot down and fix it.

23% from 3FG (worst ever)
31% long jumpers (lowest since 2008)
36% midrange
30% short-range (lowest since 2007)

Honestly, it got to the point last year that a Lebron James jumper was the LAST thing I wanted to see come out of our offensive possessions. He was just awful. His jumper got so much better in Miami. It was infuriating to me that as soon as he comes back to CLE his jumper disappeared again and his efficiency plummeted.

Really hoping to see the Miami LeBron reemerge next season, but I have my doubts if Damon Jones is basically his personal "coach" and he's tuning out everyone else smh.

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-14: "Time for Playoff Vengeance on Mickey"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:14: " Time for Playoff Vengeance on Mickey."