• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

The "What are you playing now?" Thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information
Madden 16 makes me want to throw up. All-Madden mode is nearly impossible and All-Pro mode is just too easy.

To give you an example: I'm playing with the Browns and had a game against the Steelers. On All-Madden, Roethlisberger threw 15/16 and was completing 80 yard bombs on first down. I then replayed the game on All-Pro mode and he went 1/12 with 2 interceptions.

Isn't that the most nonsensical thing you've ever heard? I can't enjoy it as I'm either too good for the second hardest game mode or not good enough for the hardest mode.

I always go with 4 seam, cutter, and 12-6 curve to start off, then add a circle-change and 2 seam, but that's mostly because that's what I throw in real life...best pitches I have encountered in the game as a pitcher are the cutter, slider, 4 seam with high velocity and high and inside in the strikezone, circle-change with high movement, and splitter with high velocity.

Cutter is a great strikeout pitch when you put your velocity all the way up when initially creating your guy...93-96 with movement as your starting off out pitch isn't a bad way to go, usually how I go about things.
I'm experimenting on Road to the Show. I made a short stop. Was fun turning double plays, but got frustrated because I keep accidentally throwing to the wrong base. Made a 1st baseman and the same thing is happening there.

I do fine enough but I still don't understand how the buttons work. It isn't like a normal game where its circle is 1st, etc. I accidentally throw home on either triangle or X I think. I don't know, it's just frustrating that it isn't intuitive. I know where I want to throw and it effs it up.

I'm experimenting on Road to the Show. I made a short stop. Was fun turning double plays, but got frustrated because I keep accidentally throwing to the wrong base. Made a 1st baseman and the same thing is happening there.

I do fine enough but I still don't understand how the buttons work. It isn't like a normal game where its circle is 1st, etc. I accidentally throw home on either triangle or X I think. I don't know, it's just frustrating that it isn't intuitive. I know where I want to throw and it effs it up.

The throwing, if you use button throwing where it is circle, triangle, x, and square to throw to the bases, it is like you are in the field, not in the stands...so square is 1st, triangle home, x second, circle 3rd...just always try to remember you are on the field, so look at the buttons like you are on the field.

The throwing, if you use button throwing where it is circle, triangle, x, and square to throw to the bases, it is like you are in the field, not in the stands...so square is 1st, triangle home, x second, circle 3rd...just always try to remember you are on the field, so look at the buttons like you are on the field.
Okay, I get that now so we will see. Is it like that for every position? I guess my brain doesn't work well with the inverted after playing normal.

How come none of you fuckers told me Castle Crashers was remastered for XB1?

Average game after average game as a 1st baseman in Road to the Show, and I finally have the break out game. A grand slam (my first HR) and the walk off rbi to win.....

And all I get is 121 points. I got that as a bad game as a pitcher. I've been getting around 100 or under points every game as an infielder.

edit- Next game I get another Grand Slam!!!
edit 2- Make that TWO Grand Slams in the same game!! Finish with 10 RBIs..... just 130 training points.

Last edited:
Average game after average game as a 1st baseman in Road to the Show, and I finally have the break out game. A grand slam (my first HR) and the walk off rbi to win.....

And all I get is 121 points. I got that as a bad game as a pitcher. I've been getting around 100 or under points every game as an infielder.

edit- Next game I get another Grand Slam!!!
edit 2- Make that TWO Grand Slams in the same game!! Finish with 10 RBIs..... just 130 training points.

Juicer.

So has nobody beaten Metal Gear Solid 5?

Specifically, the True Ending 'Mission 46'?

I know most of you are PC/PS4/Xbone guys, but Super Mario Maker is a pretty awesome game. Great mixture of nostalgia and crazy things that were impossible before. I would definitely recommend picking it up, especially if you have kids and want to take them down a walk of your childhood.

Yeah, though you can beat it without even sniffing 100%.

Maybe. This game is weird to be honest, with Ch1 and Ch2, and Ch2 being kind of like a new game + but not, Mission 46 being the 'True Ending', etc.

Yeah I love TF2. It's like the only game I always come back to. Been playing it since launch and will probably continue to play it for the foreseeable future. Given Valve's allergy to games with 3 in the title, I'll probably have to since no sequel is in sight. Not that the game really needs one. It still looks great today, and they still drop free content updates at least twice a year, along with near weakly bug fixes and gameplay tweaks.
I still play this game constantly.

Sometimes I wonder whether I could have done something really great with all the time I've sunk into this game. Can't pull myself away though.

Anyone going to partake in the Battlefront open beta that begins tomorrow? I'm going to check out the PC version. If anyone else is as well, let me know and we can check it out together.

Reactions: NtG

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-14: "Time for Playoff Vengeance on Mickey"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:14: " Time for Playoff Vengeance on Mickey."