• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

Johnny Manziel: Swan Won't Return His Calls

Do Not Sell My Personal Information
All I see is people justifying judging a guy because he is a NFL Quarterback.

It typically is spearheaded by people who were against drafting Manziel a year before he came to the team.

Whats gonna happen is social media at some point is gonna lose its power over people and people will think for themselves again.

now Its quite reasonable if the browns demoted manziel and took him in for a drug test. however if and once he passes a drug test. shows up to work and shows he has a handle on balancing his personal life with his professional football life then there is really no reason not to put him on the field.

I dont think any employer has any right to tell you where you can and cant go on your free time within reason of your rights and privileges as a US citizen no matter how much your paying a guy.

I dont think the Browns had a right to demand Manziel not to goto a club .

but because he had a problem and proactively sought help for it . The Browns Believe they can tell him that going to a disco while on leave is forbidden?

Dont think so.

As far as the traffic incident The Nfl investigated and decided there was nothing there to punish Manziel for.

I dont feel sorry for Manziel I feel sorry for Society and their need to judge people for living their lives.

I would just like to know where is the line an employer cant cross . indentured servitude of america isnt exactly the founding principle of this country.

And these players who are relieved that a fellow player should have the footballs tems make all their decisi

My guess is if there was any question the Browns could do what they did the NFLPA would have stepped in, and I'm also guessing that's why he was simply demoted rather than suspended or fined for conduct detrimental to the team.

As for everyone judging Johnny, it sucks for him but that's the world he lives in and profession he has chosen. If he wants to remain in the NFL he needs to learn (or fight the demons) that he can't party in public ever again. Booze all you want in private, but appearing on TMZ is going to only result in being stuck on the pine.

Nobody is judging him because he's an NFL QB..

Does it factor in? Sure, as he's the main face, player wise, of the franchise.

However, people aren't judging him and coming down hard on him because he's a QB. Take the QB factor out of it..

People are judging him because:

-He has been repeatedly asked to stay out of these situations

-He has repeatedly said that he would stay out of these situations

-He had a 10 week stay in rehab that apparently meant nothing

-He sticks to the party scene after all of that, not putting the work in or taking his job seriously.

-He has a history of going back on what he says, proving that his word can't be trusted.

And please stop with the media. He wanted the attention from the moment he created "Johnny Football" and started hanging out with celebrities. You don't do all that if you don't want the attention.

He then claimed he was done with "Johnny Football", yet he still has the same exact lifestyle. Just because he says he's done with something, doesn't mean the media is going to leave him alone, especially when they see him do the same stupid shit he's always done.

I'm done engaging with the fervent Manziel supporters. I'm sure what they say makes sense to them, but for the life of me I can't see a single reason why anyone feels the need to support Manziel at this point. I haven't seen one thing he's done on or off the field that gives me hope he can be the QB and leader of any NFL franchise.

Glazer on FOX just now:

Manziel lied to the team, told them the video was old.

Then reached out to the guy that posted it to help him cover it up.

Poor Manziel...definitely not his fault, this organization is just mean.

Glazer on FOX just now:

Manziel lied to the team, told them the video was old.

Then reached out to the guy that posted it to help him cover it up.

Poor Manziel...definitely not his fault, this organization is just mean.
What a knuckehead...

The second part was blatantly obvious, given the fact that he took the video down, made his account private, and started selling the "old" story to the press along with Johnny.

The first part adds further clarification and justification for why he was demoted. My guess is that Johnny and his team were caught off guard by this whole thing as judging by his state in the video he probably didn't even remember that it was taken.

"...Nobody is trying to be an apologist for Manziel, but hearing about every little thing he does is tiring. Unless the Browns know something we don’t, it’s unfair for Pettine to demote Manziel just because he went out and partied during the team’s bye week. It’s one thing if Manziel breaks the law, violates a league or team policy, or has his work suffer because of partying, but it doesn’t sound like he went on a weeklong bender. If a 20-something-year-old being a 20-something-year-old truly tarnishes a team’s image, then maybe the NFL should stop drafting players only two years removed from their senior year of high school.

If he has an alcohol problem, then hopefully he continues to get help. But unless he is the one saying he has an alcohol problem (going to rehab is not necessarily an admission of that) or his lifestyle is affecting his work, then the media and the Browns have no right to flip their shit about him partying."

http://www.sportsdistillery.com/201...benched-after-party-video-surfaces-who-cares/

I agree.

"...Nobody is trying to be an apologist for Manziel, but hearing about every little thing he does is tiring. Unless the Browns know something we don’t, it’s unfair for Pettine to demote Manziel just because he went out and partied during the team’s bye week. It’s one thing if Manziel breaks the law, violates a league or team policy, or has his work suffer because of partying, but it doesn’t sound like he went on a weeklong bender. If a 20-something-year-old being a 20-something-year-old truly tarnishes a team’s image, then maybe the NFL should stop drafting players only two years removed from their senior year of high school.

If he has an alcohol problem, then hopefully he continues to get help. But unless he is the one saying he has an alcohol problem (going to rehab is not necessarily an admission of that) or his lifestyle is affecting his work, then the media and the Browns have no right to flip their shit about him partying."

http://www.sportsdistillery.com/201...benched-after-party-video-surfaces-who-cares/

I agree.

I love that going to rehab is not an admission that you have an alcohol problem. What's it an admission of? That you want to just go hang out with some people with alcohol problems for a couple weeks?

The Browns have "no right," to "flip their shit." They have every "right" to, considering he's their employee and a representative of their organization who happens to play the most important position in professional sports.

What a professionally written, thoughtful article.

I mean...what kind of asshole organization would "flip their shit," if their alcoholic Quarterback relapses publicly five times in two months?

Get out of here with that shit.

His lifestyle doesn't affect his work because he's not good and never put the work in anyway ...

I love that going to rehab is not an admission that you have an alcohol problem. What's it an admission of? That you want to just go hang out with some people with alcohol problems for a couple weeks?

Well, to be fair, we heard rumors that he wasn't in rehab for alcohol.

Regardless, I think the issue here is more that he lied to the team than that he went out drinking. He promised the team he wouldn't do anything stupid and he did something stupid. If he went out and casually had a couple of beers without acting like a jackass, he wouldn't have lost his job as starter.

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-14: "Time for Playoff Vengeance on Mickey"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:14: " Time for Playoff Vengeance on Mickey."