• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

Favorite Sub & Sandwich Shops

Do Not Sell My Personal Information
Jimmy John's and Jersey Mike's are better.

I've never had Mr Hero, but I'm pretty confident about this.

It's alright.

Definitely not a top ten sandwich.

Alright. Let's do this.
138021380. Subway
8. Poop
7. Charley's (meh)
6. Dave's Cosmic Subs
5. Quizno's
4. Jersey Mike's
3. Jimmy John
2. Mr. Hero
1. Penn Station (and it's not even close)

*Disclaimer: I've never had DiBella's but I've heard great things.

Alright. Let's do this.
138021380. Subway
8. Poop
7. Charley's (meh)
6. Dave's Cosmic Subs
5. Quizno's
4. Jersey Mike's
3. Jimmy John
2. Mr. Hero
1. Penn Station (and it's not even close)

*Disclaimer: I've never had DiBella's but I've heard great things.

You can add Which Wich? near the top and Potbelly's near the end in that list. If you made a drunk list, you would HAVE to put PJ's (OSU) on the top of that list

Wait for the 1st NYC dbag to come in and say "Kat'z Deli comes and wipes the floor with all of those, it's our water bitches"

How have you never had Mr. Hero? They're EVERYWHERE around Cleveland.

I'm just glad not to see Melt on the list.

The Johnny Manziel of sandwiches, greasy over-hyped trainwreck.

Melt is so fucking terrible I agree with you.

I don't live in Cleveland and I'm only there once or twice a year anymore. When I eat out (aside from Max's wife), it's generally during a sporting event or at a place in Solon chosen by my family.

I'll have to hit up a Mr. Hero next trip in.

Penn Station is wildly overrated. Sandwiches are mediocre and the fries are always soggy.

Firehouse is ten times better.

I'm just glad not to see Melt on the list.

The Johnny Manziel of sandwiches, greasy over-hyped trainwreck.

Meh. Melt has gotten overrated, but that was going to happen as a hipster-fueled eatery that has expanded. Used to eat there all the time but haven't really gone in the last two years, so I can't speak for what it has evolved into. Sorry, but a well-done Dude Abides is amazing, not to mention the West Side Monte Cristo is a fantastic sandwich. The Prime Time melt was also great, a seasonal one they used to do, I think in October if I remember. I would hardly call it a train-wreck. Overhyped, yes, but back in the day I never got a bad meal there.

As for the original topic, Mr. Hero's? really? They are the burger-sub variant of Taco Bell. Total greaseball burgers that explode through the intestines. In fact, I just might have to mosy on over EAYOR and relate a story in the IPAHL thread concerning an incident I had with the double Roman Burger. I needed probiotics for a week afterward. I do think the Hoyer billboard on I77 by downtown is hilarious.

When I was in high school, I had a friend that worked at Mr. Hero, so I always got free food.

It tastes good, when you're intoxicated.

Firehouse is ten times better.

Forgot Firehouse. They are definitely good and a fantastic business concept, but I think Jersey Mike's and Jimmy John's have higher quality ingredients.

Forgot Firehouse. They are definitely good and a fantastic business concept, but I think Jersey Mike's and Jimmy John's have higher quality ingredients.

I like Jimmy John's a lot, but their sandwiches are a little too generic for me to rank all that highly. Making good sandwiches out of just cold cuts and mayo isn't difficult. Making great hot sandwiches is an art form. Firehouse nails it. Their New York Steamer, in addition to having a name that always makes you chuckle, is just a fantastic all-around hot sub. Great flavor and a ton of different ingredients that come together perfectly.

Jason's Deli isn't really a sub shop, but for a big chain, they have awesome sandwiches. Should probably add them to the list too.

I haven't been to Jersey Mike's enough times to really comment on them. There's one a few blocks away from where I work in uptown. I'll give them another shot later this week. I stand by my opinion that Firehouse is vastly superior to Penn Station, though. I've always thought they were pretty greasy and mediocre.

I actually love Melt but didn't think it belonged in the list of Fast Food sandwich chains - more of a sit down.

Order the "Big Popper" - you'll change your tune on Melt.

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-14: "Time for Playoff Vengeance on Mickey"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:14: " Time for Playoff Vengeance on Mickey."