• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

French Terror Attack

Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Sebastian

Folkets Kärlek min Belöning
Staff member
Real Cleveland Fans
Administrator
Reaction score
Terrorists murdered 12 at the satirical French newspaper Charlie Hebdo including the senior editor. The newspaper had been targeted in the past, including a firebombing in 2006, for running cartoons lampooning Mohammed. The three Johnny Jihadis burst in the building with AK47s and began to shoot everyone they could while screaming "Allah Akbar! Allah Akbar!" They remain at large.

Beyond the typical feelings I get whenever savages (by that, I mean any terrorist) like these murder people senselessly, I tend to think that in attacking French satirists in particular, the terrorists fucked up. The French are used to attacks from malcontented Muslims (Algerian War) and will not only refuse to yield to the demands of those fundamentalists, but will also come down very hard on the extreme Muslim community in general. French reaction is one of solidarity.

"They may take our lives, but they will never take our humor!"

http://www.france24.com/en/20150107...rench-paris-charlie-hebdo-satirical-magazine/

Last edited:
That's pretty terrible.

Religion of peace. There's a piece of you here, a piece of you there ... :chuckle:

Terrorists murdered 12 at the satirical French newspaper Charlie Hebdo including the senior editor. The newspaper had been targeted in the past, including a firebombing in 2006, for running cartoons lampooning Mohammed. The three Johnny Jihadis burst in the building with AK47s and began to shoot everyone they could while screaming "Allah Akbar! Allah Akbar!" They remain at large.

Beyond the typical feelings I get whenever savages like these murder people senselessly, I tend to think that in attacking French satirists in particular, the terrorists fucked up. The French are used to attacks from malcontented Muslims and will not only refuse to yield to the savage demands of those fundamentalists, but will also come down very hard on the extreme Muslim community in general. French reaction is one of solidarity.

"They may take our lives, but they will never take our humor!"

http://www.france24.com/en/20150107...rench-paris-charlie-hebdo-satirical-magazine/

No way!!! No country is prepared for a guerella attack like this - This is going to increase the anti islamic sentiments of the French people. Sadly the good natured islamic people too will be an indirect victims of this. Also hopefully France does fix their immigration issue and put a tab on how many hardcore islamic people they let in.

This will be seen as a victory by the terrorist and hopefully this does not spark more rebel attacks by these ignorant assholes.

Why did France allow the tabloid to provoke Muslims?

Contrary to popular misconception, Islam does not mean peace but rather means submission to the commands of Allah alone. Therefore, Muslims do not believe in the concept of freedom of expression, as their speech and actions are determined by divine revelation and not based on people's desires.

Although Muslims may not agree about the idea of freedom of expression, even non-Muslims who espouse it say it comes with responsibilities. In an increasingly unstable and insecure world, the potential consequences of insulting the Messenger Muhammad are known to Muslims and non-Muslims alike.

Muslims consider the honor of the Prophet Muhammad to be dearer to them than that of their parents or even themselves. To defend it is considered to be an obligation upon them. The strict punishment if found guilty of this crime under sharia (Islamic law) is capital punishment implementable by an Islamic State. This is because the Messenger Muhammad said, "Whoever insults a Prophet kill him."

However, because the honor of the Prophet is something which all Muslims want to defend, many will take the law into their own hands, as we often see. Within liberal democracies, freedom of expression has curtailments, such as laws against incitement and hatred.

The truth is that Western governments are content to sacrifice liberties and freedoms when being complicit to torture and rendition — or when restricting the freedom of movement of Muslims, under the guise of protecting national security.

So why in this case did the French government allow the magazine Charlie Hebdo to continue to provoke Muslims, thereby placing the sanctity of its citizens at risk? It is time that the sanctity of a Prophet revered by up to one-quarter of the world's population was protected.

Anjem Choudary is a radical Muslim cleric in London and a lecturer in sharia.

First, I don't believe that this guy speaks for all Muslims. Some Muslims obviously do believe in freedom of expression. While they may well believe it is wrong for Muslims themselves to do certain things, they recognize the right of others to do so.

Second, people are free to believe whatever they wish in terms of religion, but they've got zero right to force others to comply with the dictates of that religion. Particularly in nations where they are not a political majority. Andres Serrano got U.S. government funding, and put a crucifix upside-down on a bottle of urine. People were pissed as hell about taxpayer dollars being used to fund him, but there wasn't an outcry that society should make such displays illegal. Nor did the Jesuits start issuing calls for his death.

Maybe some U.S. media outlets will reprint some of those cartons in solidarity. Hope so, anyway. Although I suppose the guy who said "The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam" would have a problem with that.

Last edited:
This sucks. Drawings are so cool. People who don't like drawings are not cool.

I'm sorry, but IMO if you are violent you aren't religious. This goes for everyone. Jesus was cool, but if you pay attention to anything but the red words in the bible you are not cool.

Quit justifying barbaric behavior with writings from barbarian times. This is the 21st century. We know this is bullshit by now. Bronze age people wake from your slumber, we don't need this shit anymore. Start a business, make an app, go to the club, do anything besides kill/fuck with other people. We are trying to have fun and be productive.

I wish I have would have read @gourimoko post before he changed it. Curious to his opinion the situation.

I wish I have would have read @gourimoko post before he changed it. Curious to his opinion the situation.

Read the posts in here... You can imagine from the nonsense that's on this page what I or other Arabs and Muslims would think... I'm probably right in the middle or maybe even to the left of most Arabs or Muslims.

And since I know I'm the only vocal Arab on the forums, so I'll answer any specific question you have, simply because I respect the process of intellectual dialogue.

Appalled at the killings. Nothing to debate there. Everyone agrees.

But why an awful and racist magazine is being championed as the pillar of freedom and democracy I'll never know.

And yeah, let's repost all the hateful drawings! Liberty! That'll show them... or something.

Appalled at the killings. Nothing to debate there. Everyone agrees.

But why an awful and racist magazine is being championed as the pillar of freedom and democracy I'll never know.

And yeah, let's repost all the hateful drawings! Liberty! That'll show them... or something.

west-double-standard-on-jews-muslims.gif

I understand the concept of Free Speech but in the Islamic religion (I believe) it is very disrespectful to portray images or drawings of Allah. Why can't people just respect that? Why go out of your way to antagonize and disrespect millions of people? Are the laughs the cartoons produce really worth it?

I understand the concept of Free Speech but in the Islamic religion (I believe) it is very disrespectful to portray images or drawings of Allah. Why can't people just respect that? Why go out of your way to antagonize and disrespect millions of people? Are the laughs the cartoons produce really worth it?

It's just pure bigotry. I hate when assholes try to act like it isn't.

In Jews, we'e talking about people who have been enslaved, opressed and attacked everywhere they've been throughout history. And the Ashkenazi (not the Israelis) have remained exclusively non-violent as a people. And yet, as a whole they have a pretty incredible sense of humor about their plight and self-deprecation and self-loathing is a big part of the culture in general.

I rarely see Jews complaining about anti-Semitism and I never see them conducting violent guerrilLa attacks against those who mock them.

It's just pure bigotry. I hate when assholes try to act like it isn't.

What makes it worse than anything a stand-up comic would say about another group of people in jest? This is essentially National Lampoon here. They do this to all races and cultures.

I mean, obviously it's a far more dangerous group of people to irk. But I just mean from a humor standpoint.

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-14: "Time for Playoff Vengeance on Mickey"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:14: " Time for Playoff Vengeance on Mickey."