• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

Game 1 | Cavs (0-0) vs Knicks (0-1) | October 30, 2014 | 8pm EST

Do Not Sell My Personal Information
Remember our season opener the first year without LeBron? We beat the Celtics and we were gonna be fine without him!

L. James was 5-15 FG and 8 TO. Maybe the worst game of his career if you add in his lack of energy. He needs to play with a little more effort and set an example for his teammates. I can't imagine the emotions he felt. He lost this game but he's still the best player in the world if healthy.

Irving, Waiters and Love all played well. If Irving had shot better than 1-6 3PM-A he would have had a great game. Waiters had 5 points taken off by the refs. A 3 on the James bad offensive foul call and his offensive foul when he cleared like Barkley with his rear.

They needed to run a lot more and get James some easy baskets and others open 3s. Plus the crowd would have exploded after a few dunks and a run that never came.

Still crazy excited for this team. Enjoy the ride.

Remember our season opener the first year without LeBron? We beat the Celtics and we were gonna be fine without him!

HahahahahHAHAHAHAHAhahahahahaaaaa... I was guilty. Man sorry for the out burst that game was awesome.... Then, Oh god, oh god no... The horror.

Guys, just put this one out of your mind. The intro was amazing and so was the atmosphere. Be thankful we have the Chicago game tomorrow so we can quickly move on from this game and not let it linger. If we come out tomorrow and dismantle Chicago, nobody will be complaining anymore. Not saying that will happen, but you never know.

Positive things I took away from this game:

1. K Love looked great. He got his post-up the very first play, then stepped out and hit two threes. Rebounded like a monster. He will be this team's most consistent player imo, even moreso than LeBron.
2. Kyrie and Dion didn't hold the ball. Kyrie had a nice backcut in the 1st that Love fed him. Very encouraging.
3. Full-court press. That full-court press really bothered the Knicks. I really like that as a tool for this team with LeBron lurking for steals if teams try to advance the ball on long passes.

Negatives:

1. LeBron. Worst overall game he's ever played according to the stats. I think we all can agree that was an aberration.
2. The team was outrebounded. How did this happen? Varejao was a beast in the 1st quarter on the offensive glass, but was a nonfactor after that. LeBron missed a few blockouts, especially on the Acy putback dunk. Thompson was below average tonight.
3. Sloppy play. Kyrie had a few mishandles on easy dribbles, bad passes, and laziness on the glass.

Overall, I think the laziness on the glass will definitely go away tomorrow night. We will definitely be ready to play against Chicago. LeBron may not play amazing tomorrow, but he will easily play better. He can't play worse lol. The sloppiness is what needs to be fixed. Not sure about that aspect.

Guys, just put this one out of your mind. The intro was amazing and so was the atmosphere. Be thankful we have the Chicago game tomorrow so we can quickly move on from this game and not let it linger. If we come out tomorrow and dismantle Chicago, nobody will be complaining anymore. Not saying that will happen, but you never know.

Positive things I took away from this game:

1. K Love looked great. He got his post-up the very first play, then stepped out and hit two threes. Rebounded like a monster. He will be this team's most consistent player imo, even moreso than LeBron.
2. Kyrie and Dion didn't hold the ball. Kyrie had a nice backcut in the 1st that Love fed him. Very encouraging.
3. Full-court press. That full-court press really bothered the Knicks. I really like that as a tool for this team with LeBron lurking for steals if teams try to advance the ball on long passes.

Negatives:

1. LeBron. Worst overall game he's ever played according to the stats. I think we all can agree that was an aberration.
2. The team was outrebounded. How did this happen? Varejao was a beast in the 1st quarter on the offensive glass, but was a nonfactor after that. LeBron missed a few blockouts, especially on the Acy putback dunk. Thompson was below average tonight.
3. Sloppy play. Kyrie had a few mishandles on easy dribbles, bad passes, and laziness on the glass.

Overall, I think the laziness on the glass will definitely go away tomorrow night. We will definitely be ready to play against Chicago. LeBron may not play amazing tomorrow, but he will easily play better. He can't play worse lol. The sloppiness is what needs to be fixed. Not sure about that aspect.

Love Love. He needs the ball more.

just got back from the game. fuck lebron. kyrie is the best player on this team, you may not agree with me but you're wrong. i was laughing the whole fourth quarter. i hope shit hits the fan with this team and we have the most epic failure of a team ever after all this hype. this is what im rooting for. i hope lebron's punk ass leaves in 2 years. i want to build around kyrie and love (and waiters). we need to get a damn center and than fill the 3 spot with someone who can play competent defense and stay the hell out the way on offense. i was excited to watch our team grow then fake lying egotistical bitch ass queen james has to come crawling back after shit starts to get tough and ruins everything. and btw, all this "home" and "remembering where you came from" shit is getting corny, that intro was pathetic. it just all starting to look like a beat to death attention seeking cheesy gimmick. thank god football still trumps all in this city

Wanted this win. But it's a lonnnnnnng season. Everyone was pressing. Knicks were hitting mid-range shots. We didn't get to the free-throw line as much as we will. Bench gave us very little (liked how Delly played though). Starters (aside from Andy) played a ton of minutes. Ton of unforced turnovers. Went away from Love a bit. Were taking too long to get shots, shot-clock was draining and we settled for some unsettling looks. LeBron didn't play very well, reminded me a bit of the last time he played a home game here with the Cavs (with the turnovers). Knicks were using the shot-clock to its full potential and scoring buckets while doing it (the times they could get a shot up), thus making it difficult for us to get into a rhythm. We weren't great at rebounding.

But...
Not worried. We were still in this game and could have won. Could be a slow start to the season, but I think that losing some early games will really bring out the character in our guys and help bring us together.

Onto the next one.

just got back from the game. fuck lebron. kyrie is the best player on this team, you may not agree with me but you're wrong. i was laughing the whole fourth quarter. i hope shit hits the fan with this team and we have the most epic failure of a team ever after all this hype. this is what im rooting for. i hope lebron's punk ass leaves in 2 years. i want to build around kyrie and love (and waiters). we need to get a damn center and than fill the 3 spot with someone who can play competent defense and stay the hell out the way on offense. i was excited to watch our team grow then fake lying egotistical bitch ass queen james has to come crawling back after shit starts to get tough and ruins everything. and btw, all this "home" and "remembering where you came from" shit is getting corny, that intro was pathetic. it just all starting to look like a beat to death attention seeking cheesy gimmick. thank god football still trumps all in this city

How you come out flat in that atmosphere is beyond me.. LeBron played like Earl Clark.. we didn't get Love involved nearly enough in the 2nd half after he dominated the 1st half.. should have ran a lot more plays for him instead of having LeBron ddribbling around throwing it to the wrong team... gonna have to regroup and get ready for a tough 4 game trip
I don't know why I'm punishing myself reading this thread and not just completely tuning it out, but I have to say it's hilarious that you said he was playing like Earl Clark. I got to the point where I was thinking "so this is what Earl Clark looks like if he has the free reign of a guy like lebron James". Worst I've ever seen him play, but overall I'm more embarrassed for him than worried about his play.

Lebron took his fair of shit shots and hero ball over dribbling. Moreso than anybody else. You don't get 8 turnovers by being overly passive, you get the 2011 finals.
He is the main reason. He's having trouble communicating with everyone on the court and expecting them to be in certain spots, but they haven't gel yet and Coach Blatt made a big mistake for not playing LeBron enough with Kyrie and Love in the preseason. Right now, they all look uncomfortable at knowing when each other want the ball and where to be whenit comes to get shots.

LeBron definitely had a horrible game and a lot the turnovers were because he tried to be overly passive. It's the habit that he built in the preseason and it will take him more than a few games to really start playing aggressive on the offensive end.

I can't tell if this is high level conceptual parody or just the stupidest post I've ever read on this site. At least it's up here for good, eternally, and forever tied to you.

Edit: just went back a page and got a laugh that you posted this abortion of a post twice in ten minutes.

Were you dropped on you head as a child?

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-14: "Time for Playoff Vengeance on Mickey"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:14: " Time for Playoff Vengeance on Mickey."