• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

2015 Draft Prospects

Do Not Sell My Personal Information
The layoff to the draft is way too long. It's a drag waiting for it, not at all fun. Not even longing with anticipation, just to the point of get it over with. And now it takes place when the weather is nicer, which is stupid.

Last year it set records because of Manziel. Hopefully the ratings for it this year are awful.

Expecting the Browns to take some really high character guys after last years 1st round picks were the antithesis of that.

Farmer is not afraid to move around. He made 5 trades last year I think.

From the National Football Post.

Slater had a 35-inch vertical leap, a 10-3 broad jump and bench pressed 225 pounds 31 times at his Pro Day workout.

The 6-foot-5, 285-pound former high school wide receiver’s athleticism has intrigued teams, prompting them to take a closer look at the Division II standout from Douglasville, Ga.

Slater recorded 69 tackles, 16.5 for losses and 10 sacks last season.

Slater had 600 receiving yards and six touchdowns as a high school senior when he ran the 40-yard dash in 4.6 seconds and had a 15.0 personal best in the 110 meter hurdles.

Holy jesus.

This guy reminds me of Obum Gwacham in the way he moves. Much bigger though, and just...yeah, this guy is a real athlete. Very intriguing.

I'm telling you guys, this kid is going to be special. I really hope the Browns draft him.

Stephens: Garrett Grayson sees NFL draft stock rising
Matt L. Stephens, The Coloradoan8:09 a.m. MDT April 13, 2015
35TWEETLINKEDINCOMMENTEMAILMORE
ENGLEWOOD – Garrett Grayson knows he's a better quarterback than Brett Hundley and Bryce Petty.

He didn't mind that he wasn't one of 16 quarterbacks named Davey O'Brien Award semifinalists last fall, or that he played football at CSU instead of at a Power 5 conference. Grayson feels confident that, behind Heisman Trophy winners Marcus Mariota and Jameis Winston, he's the best option under center in this month's NFL draft.

Grayson is confident enough, but there were still doubts about how his game would translate to the next level. Scouts, for instance, have commented on his passing delivery — more of a long, fluid motion than a quick snap. But those doubts vanished after spending only four hours with Monday Night Football analyst Jon Gruden.

COLORADOAN

Stephens: Grayson can be Colorado State's claim to fame

Grayson was one of five players invited to ESPN's "Jon Gruden's QB Camp" on March 30, joining Mariota (Oregon), Winston (Florida State), Hundley (UCLA) and Petty (Baylor) for a chance to showcase their football IQ on national television.

Breaking down film with a Super Bowl-winning coach was surreal, Grayson said, but the pleasure was all Gruden's.

"(Gruden) was really looking forward to talking and working with me because he said he's not a fan of the spread offense at all. He was excited to turn on my film and see pro-style concepts and protections and watch me make checks," Grayson said Sunday, while watching Colorado State University's spring practice at the Denver Broncos' practice facility. "He said he had all the faith in the world that I could play at the next level."

When NFL coaches and executives have questions about drafting a quarterback, Gruden is the man they call. And of the five quarterbacks invited to his camp, Grayson's experience in Jim McElwain's pro-style offense set him apart.

COLORADOAN

Nick Stevens taking charge in Colorado State QB race

That was never a problem for Grayson at CSU, who was allowed to take his time between plays and read a defense, frequently calling audibles without the help of his coaches. NFL defenses will be smarter, sure, but Grayson has already proven he can successfully navigate a learning curve.

Grayson has worked out for the San Diego Chargers and Miami Dolphins with impressive results. He's keen on NFL terminology, protections and reads; the only attribute he needs to tune up is his delivery, which is keeping professional teams optimistically cautious.

They shouldn't be so hesitant.

Grayson didn't become the Mountain West Offensive Player of the Year, throwing for 4,006 yards, 32 touchdowns and seven interceptions as a senior, by luck. Unlike Hundley and Petty, he wasn't protected by four- and five-star linemen and didn't have the luxury of throwing to blue-chip wide receivers — though Rashard Higgins blossoming as a Biletnikoff Award finalist certainly helped. He played at CSU, a program that, until he took over as the starting quarterback, was looked at as a joke.

Not anymore. Grayson led the rally to change that perception, overcoming injuries, recent tradition and a fan base that wanted him benched, to make the Rams respectable. He's exactly the quarterback — from skills to charisma — NFL franchises are looking for.

If they don't realize it yet, they will when they see him impress Gruden on April 18.

If the Browns don't trade up for Mariota (highly unlikely as of now from what i've been told), I want Garrett Grayson in Cleveland

http://www.draftinsider.net/blog/?p=10495

April 20th

– Expect the talk of teams wanting to trade up for Marcus Mariota to pick up intensity in the coming week. From all accounts I’m hearing the Cleveland Browns are the front runners and working hardest in the hopes of acquiring the quarterback. Early last week I was told the asking price from the Tennessee Titans was both of the Browns first round picks as well as their choice in the second round, to which Cleveland replied no. Understandable Tennessee would have a high asking price at this point and even more understandable the Browns would say no. I’m told the Browns may be willing to part with both first round picks for Maroita but want to hold on to the second round choice to draft a much needed receiver.

...If that's all it took to get #2, I'd trade up and take Williams.

And I love Mariota too, but 12 + 19 for Leonard Williams? Done deal right now.

I like Williams as well, but if you're trading up, you'd better be getting a QB. The Browns can find extremely effective players at 12 & 19 for DL studs.

The Browns shouldn't be trading 12 and 19 for anyone.

Ridiculous dream scenario for the Titans or anyone in that 2-6 range.

That should absolutely not happen.

I'd happily do it in this draft. Because the talent you'd likely get at 19 is the same talent you'd likely get in the 2nd round.

I'll say this... I have no problem trading the entire 2015 draft for a QB that will be our franchise guy for the next 10 years. I wouldn't think twice about it. I'm not sure Mariota is that guy however.

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-14: "Time for Playoff Vengeance on Mickey"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:14: " Time for Playoff Vengeance on Mickey."