• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

Dion Waiters

Do Not Sell My Personal Information
I do agree, but getting Dion & letting Jackson go was a mistake that may cost them a playoff spot. Jackson gave them the 2nd dynamic playmaker for when Durant is out. Dion has the upside, but seems to not want to put the extra work in.
Completely agree, but letting RJ go and picking up Dion gave them Kanter, who's obviously been a great find for them. As bad as Dion is, Kanter + Dion for RJ + a 2nd round pick has worked out fairly well.

Yeah, they might miss the playoffs, but I don't think they make it with RJ and no Kanter, anyway (they certainly could have, but in my opinion, the West is just too tough to overcome all the injured talent they have).

Dion ended the season on a good note. I wont be surprised if he is OKC's Starting Shooting guard next season

Dion ended the season on a good note. I wont be surprised if he is OKC's Starting Shooting guard next season
If OKC were smart, they would let Morrow, one of the best catch and shoot 3 point shooters in the game, start, and let Dion be the instant offense off the bench. Dion isn't a good enough outside shooter to catch drive and kick passes from KD and Russ after they penetrate the defense, and that's what OKC needs next to its two superstars, and what Morrow can provide. If Dion realized that he can be a perennial 6MOTY contender he could revive his career, but for some reason, I just don't think he wants to fit into that role.

Reggie Jackson didn't want to be there anymore. Didn't make sense to hold onto him and let him walk at the end of the year.

Yea I watched a couple of games of OKC, he was taking a lot of long contested two's during the season, He has great potential though just needs to improve shot selection and basketball IQ

The problem with Dion is between his ears, and his work ethic seemed nonexistent last summer given how he was worse at basically everything this year.

Dion's still young and still has talent. All it takes is one good off-season to forever change a players future career trajectory.

I hope Dion figures it out. He was miserable this season and a complete disappointment. I hope (I doubt it, but I do hope) that this experience humbled him a bit and he puts in the required work to get better as a player. He's not a completely lost cause. I'm not rooting against him anymore. Regardless of what happens for him now, the Cavs made the right move getting rid of him and they did a phenomenal job maximizing the return of a guy who had really played so badly that his value had substantially decreased from the day he was drafted.

CDERGZ1WMAAGzTa.jpg

Damn she did him dirty

His development has all messed up in my. opinion. He does have a lot of talent. He needs a coach he can trust but I think he went to a worse situation. I think he will figure it out, but it will be on later team. After the end of last season i really thought he figured it out, but maybe it was Delly helping Dion more than i thought

He had 4 years of Jim Boeheim. That's better coaching than most guys get in a lifetime. And he's STILL a head-case.

Seems very likely that it happens. If history is any guide though, he'll be back to coming off the bench by Christmas.

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-14: "Time for Playoff Vengeance on Mickey"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:14: " Time for Playoff Vengeance on Mickey."