• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

2015 Draft Prospects

Do Not Sell My Personal Information
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2445655-2015-nfl-draft-matt-millers-final-scouting-notebook

— I continue to hear from league and team sources that the Cleveland Browns want to trade up for quarterback Marcus Mariota. The sticking point will be the cost to trade up. But here's another scenario being floated by a high-level team source: The New York Giants and Browns have had initial talks about the Giants trading back in Round 1.

— How do the Browns feel about Mariota? I spoke with a coach who couldn't go on record and asked him to describe Mariota with one word. "Outstanding" was his reply.

— One more Browns note: Team sources tell me they don't expect free safety Tashaun Gipson to be back in 2016. The belief is that he'll price himself out of their range.

Examining the Redskins, they have a TON of holes on their depth chart right now. They have no decent guards and need to replace the right tackle. They have depth problems at WR and RB. On defense they need depth in the defensive line and backfield with three linebackers who really should be replaced. A trade down would help them out a lot more than drafting Mariota.
Didn't they just extend/pick-up whatever/ RG3? That in itself would hint they wouldn't take Mariota I'd think.

some mid-round guys I like at WR/TE are Rashad Greene, Tyler Lockett, Funchess (sorry that dude they signed is not a starter), Ty Montgomery, Diggs (I think worth the risk in mid-rounds, O'Leary (yes please), Jesse James, and Chris Conley. Even Titus Davis late round. In my mind, definitely some potential studs up for grabs.

Please do not draft Perriman. I watched Greg Little. I've seen enough drops from him for a lifetime. Not sold on Smith either. He played great for OSU during the championship run, but seems a little too one dimensional for my liking. Not really feeling Coates either for whatever reason.

Didn't they just extend/pick-up whatever/ RG3? That in itself would hint they wouldn't take Mariota I'd think.

The point is that a team with so many needs on the roster would welcome a trade down for more first and second day picks.

Moving up for a WR in a deep class of wide receivers, thanks for the advice Phil.

I think Tom Reed has a pretty good opinion here:

I hope they don't pick/miss out on Petty just to spite you boobie. I'd Love to get Perriman. I also think moving up to get Parker is not what we should do. The only guy you move up to get is Cooper if he fell to those spots somehow.

Sheldon at 12 is good but I don't see him being there. I think Brown is a very safe pick....but if you think he'd be available at 19 I'd go that route.

Last edited:
Moving up a few slots for a WR feels like such a Browns move.

Like moving up for Richardson. Or moving up a spot for Gilbert.

Moving up certainly does seem like a Browns move. I think their philosophy isn't based on a position, but rather that the Browns will do what they can to target the players they want. They seemed to do it last year.

Will it work this year? I don't know. If not, I'd say Ray's crew has to think about that philosophy a bit more going into next year.

By the way, my sources tell me Shane Ray was smoking marijuana to ease the pain of his turf toe.

By the way, my sources tell me Shane Ray was smoking marijuana to ease the pain of his turf toe.

That's just ridiculous. If you don't wanna feel pain; Angel Dust. What a moron.

4/28: The Browns are "really hoping" Danny Shelton falls to them at No. 12. - Peter King

4/27: "Can cross Shane Ray's name off list for Cleveland at 12. They're not messing around with any potential off-field red flags with 12 or 19." - Pete Schrager, FOX Sports

4/27: The Browns "covet" Marcus Mariota. - Ian Rapoport

http://walterfootball.com/draft2015rumorsteams.php#DgIczBLH3gJhfp9Y.99

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-14: "Time for Playoff Vengeance on Mickey"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:14: " Time for Playoff Vengeance on Mickey."