• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

LeBron James

Do Not Sell My Personal Information
It's crazy how drastically our opinions on these things can change from week to week.

Hopefully its all part of the process, better to have adversity early in the season then it all be plain sailing until playoff time. Weirdly i think blatt will be really good in the playoff when he can lock into a specific team for a week

lebron-james-yelling.jpg

THE CAVS NEED THIS GUY.

Lebron definitely needs to do less talking and start leading by example. Don't pout when you don't get a call and refuse to get back on Defense. That is not being a leader and showing the young guys how to play. Practice what you preach Bron and the team will be a lot better for it.

He needs to stop with the catch phrases and dramatics and start playing. He's a player; not the coach.

This isn't the unstoppable force we've seen his entire career. Stop pouting and start playing.

Right now he's not helping. That's not a leader, but the pre 2011 LBJ. I thought he grew up.

Lebron has been discourage with teammates overall effort its obvious. You can say practice what you preach etc. but how much better is this team if Lebron just dominates statically. We had a 3 on 1 fast break Lebron gave Kyrie the ball who then gave it to Dion who pulled up from 3 with Lebron under the basket for a lay up. Fundamentally I'm starting to question the basketball IQ of some of the team as well as maturity. We aren't in practice every day and Lebron can only answer the questions the media ask.

I never bought the LeBron as a leader thing. Wade was the heart and soul of that Miami team, not LeBron.

I never bought the LeBron as a leader thing. Wade was the heart and soul of that Miami team, not LeBron.

That was clearly Lebron's team and Lebron was the leader. Lebron had to take that team on his back and carry it many times. Wade started missing many games and was half azzing it on defense despite being so well rested.

You guys are drastically overreacting. Stay calm. Miami had much more experience yet started 9-8 in 2010.

Lebron has been discourage with teammates overall effort its obvious. You can say practice what you preach etc. but how much better is this team if Lebron just dominates statically. We had a 3 on 1 fast break Lebron gave Kyrie the ball who then gave it to Dion who pulled up from 3 with Lebron under the basket for a lay up. Fundamentally I'm starting to question the basketball IQ of some of the team as well as maturity. We aren't in practice every day and Lebron can only answer the questions the media ask.
If you read people calling LeBron out for not being a leader and you interpret that as people calling LeBron out for not "dominating statistically", you are not on the same page as us regarding our concerns about LeBron James right now.

This current Cavs team will begin and end with the leadership that LeBron shows on the court period.

He can't be out here preaching ball movement, the need to get the best shot on each possession, no wasted plays, and be the main one going into isolation and launching long and mid range shots.

He preaches patience but visibly pouts and lags on defense when one of his teammates takes a bad shot or makes a bad decision.

His words don't match his actions consistently. That's a problem.

It disappoints me because I thought this died in him in 2010 when he got his soul snatched by the Mavericks and he had no one else to blame or point the finger at.

I don't see a trust in each other, in the system, and in the coaching staff.

That's what is irritating me the most.

This current Cavs team will begin and end with the leadership that LeBron shows on the court period.

He can't be out here preaching ball movement, the need to get the best shot on each possession, no wasted plays, and be the main one going into isolation and launching long and mid range shots.

He preaches patience but visibly pouts and lags on defense when one of his teammates takes a bad shot or makes a bad decision.

His words don't match his actions consistently. That's a problem.

It disappoints me because I thought this died in him in 2010 when he got his soul snatched by the Mavericks and he had no one else to blame or point the finger at.

I don't see a trust in each other, in the system, and in the coaching staff.

That's what is irritating me the most.
I agree with you, but as I wrote few posts back, I think this is so good for the Cavs that all of these issues rise up right away and is going down so fast.
Because now LeBron can't deny that "his system" and the way he thought to handle and "lead" the team is extremely not working, and from the broken pieces there is a real chance that something healthy will emerge.
Think about it, if his plans were semi-working, you would have this "show" going for a long period of time, and this show isn't pleasant at all - no teamwork, no D effort, lots of talking and noise, no system, no trust and no coaching...

I hope this situation will help him concentrate on what he is good at - playing basketball!

He's not playing the way that led him to become as efficient a scorer that has ever played the game (27 ppg at 57% FG and 65% TS just LAST SEASON). That James took very, very few bad shots during an entire season and mostly on bailouts.

He was one of the most productive post players last year, but doesn't want to play that game anymore (fear of back aggravation in the post perhaps?). He's taking bad shots, wasting time in possessions, is too quick to take the three pointer even though he's a drastically better shooter now, and is really careless with the ball. Why does he try to thread the needle all the time on passes? We have enough talent on offense so we don't need to take those chances. He's had at least 3-4 turnovers in every game this season. In a way, all the things he's learned over the last few years he's just thrown away.

A lot of it might be physical as he mysteriously, in one season, can't finish at the rim when he had one of the greatest seasons ever doing that just last year. But most of all, it's the lack of defense, lack of fire on court, lack of leadership by example, that strange "bored/wise sage/too good for this" face he's been making, pouting, and not trusting the staff or teammates all the while acting as the acting head coach that's most disturbing.

This team seems to only be as good as LeBron is which is natural when one player has a 30% usuage. We haven't won a game in which Bron played poorly and won most of them in which he played well.

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-14: "Time for Playoff Vengeance on Mickey"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:14: " Time for Playoff Vengeance on Mickey."