• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

2015 NBA Draft Thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information
Now that we have seen what Griff can do with non-guaranteed contracts, it would not surprise me if he trades 24 to Minny's 31 and 36 or our 24 and 53rd to Philly for all 5 of their 2nds just to have a lot of non-guaranteed money and picks that might pan out. I think he would rather have more experience than rooks.

LeVert staying in school.

That is interesting, didn't really think that was going to happen...

I'm kind of hoping the Cavs look at Wright from Utah and Upshaw from Washington.

Upshaw got kicked off his team but was leading the country in blocks before it happened. 4.5 blocks in 24 minutes. Would be great to have a big with that kind of ability at protecting the rim waiting in the wings and developing until Andy retires.

Wright would be a good fit since he can play both the PG/SG and is an excellent wing defender. The versatility on offense and the defensive ability are two things the Cavs could use on the wings. Being able to have Delly, Sump and Wright playing D on the 2nd unit would solve a lot of the problems with the bench getting outscored imo (Andy will help with that once he's back)

Unless Griff moves Haywood those 2 players would be an ideal draft imo for where the Cavs are currently at with the roster.

If Haywood is moved I would honestly like to see them get picks back in the deal, even if they are 2nd's. I think filling the chest back up with draft assets at this point would be the best move for the roster instead of adding higher salary players, win now players. I think there are plenty of win now players already on the roster and what it really lacks are a few young developmental players outside of Harris.

Bummer for Ohio State, but Russell finally declared today. Christian Wood also declared today, and he is a guy I would love the Cavs to take if they kept their pick. 6'11 with long arms, blocks shots, moves well, athletic, and can even shoot a bit already...and he is a great kid. Good thing is he wouldn't play much right off the bat for us, so we could work on beefing him up a bit, cause he is a rail.

Here's a breakdown of him going against perhaps 4 future NBA draft picks from Arizona:

Bummer for Ohio State, but Russell finally declared today. Christian Wood also declared today, and he is a guy I would love the Cavs to take if they kept their pick. 6'11 with long arms, blocks shots, moves well, athletic, and can even shoot a bit already...and he is a great kid. Good thing is he wouldn't play much right off the bat for us, so we could work on beefing him up a bit, cause he is a rail.

Here's a breakdown of him going against perhaps 4 future NBA draft picks from Arizona:

Let's hope he works out better than the last, big UNLV prospect :chuckle::chuckle::chuckle:
In all seriousness, though, I actually like Wood a lot. He definitely is a developmental prospect but could turn out to be an impact player.

Let's hope he works out better than the last, big UNLV prospect :chuckle::chuckle::chuckle:
In all seriousness, though, I actually like Wood a lot. He definitely is a developmental prospect but could turn out to be an impact player.

There is our pick!

I think with gobert coming through early that expected by alot of gms there are teams that will take upshaw above us. Cavs traditionally have been a high character team especially when drafting, maybe JR can knock some sense into him by speaking from experieince

Maybe our backup point guard?

George Lucas from brazil, measured 6-5.5 with a 7-foot wingspan and an 8-8 standing reach. However, where he sets himself apart is with his hand measurements of 9.5 inches long and 10 inches wide. Basically, no point guard has ever had that combination of bodily size and hand size.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CRkCW9Cf6B4

Just caught up with all the videos on Christian Wood. Why is he projected to go around our pick? Granted he's a long term project and is probably a horrible nba player right now, but guys wth his size, athleticism and skills don't come around that often.

Just caught up with all the videos on Christian Wood. Why is he projected to go around our pick? Granted he's a long term project and is probably a horrible nba player right now, but guys wth his size, athleticism and skills don't come around that often.
i think he will rise up during the work out phase once he gets a trainer and tightens up a few things teams will see he can do a heck of a lot of things well and the rest can be taught

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-14: "Time for Playoff Vengeance on Mickey"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:14: " Time for Playoff Vengeance on Mickey."