• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

So Long, Mo Gotti Williams

Do Not Sell My Personal Information
Mo will definitely play. He was supposed to the backup guard not the guy assigned to Lowry. His defense wont be exposed nearly as much by second string guards and there will be times when you cant buy a bucket and you need someone who can put the ball in the hoop. Think of Barbaso vs Livingston in the way the Warriors used both of them.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk
I get this, but if everyone is healthy (if that ever happens...) who do you play him over? GS tends to play a second unit of Livingston-Barbosa-Iggy-Ezeli, where Livingston and Barbosa get consistent minutes, with occasional use of other guys. If we have everyone healthy we could run out a second unit of Delly-JR-RJ-TT-Andy, which is a solid unit, with a said scorer (JR), and with the potential to be exceptional at ball movement. Obviously Mo would still play in that situation, but he wouldn't be a consistent part of the rotation.

There a couple lineups that Blatt could chose to consistently run instead including Mo-Delly-JR-TT-Andy or Mo-Delly-JR-RJ-TT, but I am not sure if those lineups are better than the first. No doubt it would still be good to have Mo as depth, but could be hard for him to get CONSISTENT minutes.

Love how it took maybe 5 games for people to realize this guy is like Brett favre

Can sure score but keeps both teams in the game

Remember in the mo signing thread people mentioned his play making like it was awesome

I chuckled, I knew the games would do the talking

Love how it took maybe 5 games for people to realize this guy is like Brett favre

Can sure score but keeps both teams in the game

Remember in the mo signing thread people mentioned his play making like it was awesome

I chuckled, I knew the games would do the talking

I liked the signing because I liked the idea of him coming in off the bench and igniting the offense when we're really struggling like we did at points in the NBA finals.

If he was signed to be a starter and one of the guys we rely on to win a title, I wouldn't have thought THAT was awesome. But he wasn't, and isn't. He's a situational back-up ball handler who can shoot the ball. Not a starter and not one of the most important guys on the team,

I liked the signing because I liked the idea of him coming in off the bench and igniting the offense when we're really struggling like we did at points in the NBA finals.

If he was signed to be a starter and one of the guys we rely on to win a title, I wouldn't have thought THAT was awesome. But he wasn't, and isn't. He's a situational back-up ball handler who can shoot the ball. Not a starter and not one of the most important guys on the team,

So we're in agreement MO should be avg 10 minutes at most per game

My eyes can take so much

hopefully Blaat can maximise his strengths and minimise his weaknesses. he has been an important contributor so far and coming back from injury takes adjustment. this up and down assessment of Mo and most of the other cav players is the typical rollercoaster. would be nice to see all this angst resolved once and for all with a championship, at least for an offseason

Totally agree.. I really like the signing of Mo Williams, and I'm a bit shocked people are expecting him to be a plus-defender. He's a very known commodity. He's instant offense, and that has value in itself.

Mo's defense is absolutely atrocious and he cost us that Toronto game, letting Lowry get into the lane at will. I don't hate the guy but I do look forward to seeing him at the end of the bench when we are at full strength.

Mo's defense is absolutely atrocious and he cost us that Toronto game, letting Lowry get into the lane at will. I don't hate the guy but I do look forward to seeing him at the end of the bench when we are at full strength.
When you short your all star point guard and your back up pg, your third best pg its not going to be able to pull up the weight on a regular basis. And to be honest, what mo has done so far hes been consistent and doing his part. Even at full strength mo should see at least 10 to 15 min a game he would be an instant spark.

Hmm...he would be a roster upgrade in that we'd get another ball-handler, and a sort of creator. I don't think he'll stay ahead of Delly in the rotation, though as the season progresses.

Where does Mo fit in? If we do bring him in, he can be an insurance piece but I doubt he'll play consistent minutes since his defense is terrible. The defensive units were so successful last year that I doubt we'll go away from.

I saw this coming during the off-season. The frightening thing is that his offense has been very good as far as shooting the ball is concerned yet he is a NET negative. If his offense were simply "OK" or "pretty good" this year, he would be at the end of the bench with Joe Harris.

He is such a great shooter and natural scorer but so bad at everything else, like the polar opposite of Delly.

Doing Delly a dis-service...his shot making is pretty good this year...Mo is just pathetic at defense...I am not even sure he can spell it let alone do it...we need to start Delly, have Mo come off the bench and play Cunningham more minutes. Putting Mo out there with the starters makes everyone worse

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-14: "Time for Playoff Vengeance on Mickey"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:14: " Time for Playoff Vengeance on Mickey."